or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

Something along these lines, a drawer, plus education.
Need more info before venturing an answer. You say you make everything from scratch, depending upon how far back that scratch actually goes can affect the answer on pricing. Do you make the pasta or do you buy pasta and make a dish with it? Are you making the bread? What about the dressing/vinaigrette for the salad? The green beans are they fresh, are they prepped, or and will you have to be doing that? What about the lettuce for the salad, already washed and chopped,...
 Ditto this. I was let go from a job 10 years ago at about your present age. At first it was crushing and demoralizing, but a few months later it turned into a blessing because I suddenly found myself in the Caribbean working and living the dream. Whoot!
   This was basically my experience in a nutshell. I was let go when they eliminated my position and divided my duties between the banquet chef and the F&B director in a supposed economic move. Bottom line being that I had accomplished what they wanted and so was no longer needed. At first it was crushing and demoralizing to me, but a few months later it turned into a blessing because I suddenly found myself in the Caribbean working and living the dream. Whoot!
That is big surprise huh? Sorry, I couldn't find the sarcasm font key, but take my word for, the comment is totally tongue in cheek 
   Not that one though!!! Good job chef gettin'er done despite the snag of the bad broiler. Kudos to you for a job well done.
Been there. Done that. Didn't enjoy it. Didn't work out for me. Move on before you get any more invested.
Did you cook the soup in an aluminum pan and was the pan washed in a low temp machine prior to use?
 Gawd I kinda miss that environment!...Notice emphasis on kinda. I work for a caterer now and for the most part enjoy my comparatively calm and sane work environment; but occasionally, especially around this time of year, I romance the good old days. Not enough to go back to it full time though. I may but crazy, but I ain't stoopid.
I have never had a soup made with cream curdle, even upon boiling. What exactly do you mean by curdled? Did you see lumps almost like cottage cheese (curds) or did you see an oil slick on the surface (broken)?   If the latter, then you probably used too much fat to saute your veg and pancetta, especially since pancetta will render fat of it's own thereby increasing the fat content and the possibility of breaking the soup. Roux or another thickener will take care of that...