or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

Lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, black peppercorns, salt, bay leaves.
We trim them up and then cook them off in seasoned acidulated water. Cut them in half and clean. To order we brush them with a vinaigrette and grill.
Any kitchen, corporate, mom & pop, fine dining, whatever; worth it's salt will always have an underlying sense of urgency and a high workload. It is the nature of the beast. Whether the prevalent comportment is composed or chaotic depends largely upon the person in charge.
What angle are you using when sharpening?
Ditto what chefbuba said. Also, there is a possibility that they do their own knives and would be willing to yours for a nominal charge.
Most definitely. A big umami boost. It is a flavor enhancer. I use it on an incredible amount of things. People get hung up on the fish (in the name) part and are incredulous on how widely I use it. They seem to think it is only for seafood dishes. Look at worcestershire, one of the ingredients is anchovies. Why, because they are a flavor enhancer due to their high level of ummai.
 Stews hold good in a steam table, but an even better option with them is to heat to portion order in a saute pan. If you start to get backed up with orders, initiate the order in the saute pan on the burner and then put the pan in the oven to finish while you get another going. Out the door in no time, no loss of quality, no issue with holding times/temps/chilling/reheating/etc. It is the same thing I do with soups, braises,or anything with a fair amount of liquid that I...
If you properly cure the duck first, it will last 4-6 months in the fridge no problem as long as you keep it covered with fat.
Here is a recipe to try. For the manufacturing cream, heavy whipping cream will work fine. For the beef stock you can sub chicken stock or you can use demi but if doing so reduce the amount to probably 1 tablespoon. Oil doesn't have to be olive, could be hazelnut, walnut, peanut or even canola.   Pepper Steak Sauce   Weight or Volume                                                                  Ingredients ¼...
I would just stick it in the fridge. It should keep pretty much indefintely without any loss of quality and no safety issues.