or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

Quote: So true. A few years back, I was one of the participating restaurants at a scholarship fund raiser in conjunction with the state wine tasting competition with several thousands in attendance and one of my offerings was a shooter of chilled  tomatillo tequila soup. Had no problem getting manly masculine men to partake of it.
In the US, two people (paid hourly) working a total of 16 hours are actually cheaper than one person (paid hourly) working 16 hours due to overtime pay. If you figure out roughly what the hourly rate of a salaried person working 16 hours would be, it is usually less than the hourly rate paid to the two people previously sited.
3x food cost
Maybe so, but the information contained in it is still viable not to mention that in the last hour and a half the thread has seen an increase in remarks of 60% and who knows how many views without remarks in the last 9 years, although it has had 15,288 views since it's inception.
The day I die is probably the day I can finally retire.
Wow learning more new things! That's one of the reasons that I love this industry, the learning never stops as long as we are open to it. I definitely want to play around with an electric knife now to see what I have been missing.
Yeah, it should be more like 5 or 6 twelves   The days will get shorter when you retire  
I figured that this would be one of the pluses to an electric, but wasn't sure. Great dialogue so far. I appreciate your insight as it helps me to learn. Thanks.
As I said, I am unfamiliar with electric knives but I am still having trouble wrapping my head around it, just an old school dinosaur.   You have definitely got my curiosity aroused though and I would love to do a side by side comparison, as I have found this to be the best way for me to reach a conclusion for myself. Especially in case like this because I sharpen my knives to my specs (everyone has their own) and my knife techniques might be slightly different than...
Chef Ed,I am not really familiar with using electric knives, why do you choose them over a regular slicer for buffets?