Posts by cheflayne

Did you remove the tip section of the wing before smoking them?
Here is a link to a publication by the National Restaurant Association that you might find to be helpful The Uniform System of Accounts for Restaurants http://imis.restaurant.org/store/detail.aspx?id=USAR12
 Not at all, what you shared is real life, gut checks , and feelings. Best buddies and the grief felt when they pass need no explaining nor apologies as far as I am concerned. Your experience was a gentle reminder to me to make sure that i don't take my best buddy for granted and to relish in the time we share. Your new family members have some big paws to fill. Hope they are up to it and by the same token, they're dogs!!!, they always do their best. It is the only way...
My general rule of thumb regarding my own language is that if I wouldn't say it in the dining room in front of guests, then I don't say it here.¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
Hot roux, cold milk (initially adding slowly until roux is loosened, then you can add faster). Should turn out lump free. Run it through a fine chinois if you want to be sure of no lumps.
1. Having a Financial Profit & Loss statement at least monthly. 2. Weekly food and labor cost reporting. 3. Counting and computing inventory on a weekly or monthly basis. 4. Tracking key inventory item usage on a daily or weekly basis. 5. Detailed cost-recording of purchase invoices with price increase alerts
While you continue with college, get a part time job in a restaurant kitchen.   If after 3 months you find that you look forward to going to work, get a full time job in a restaurant kitchen while continuing with college.   If after another 3 months you find that you look forward to going to work, consider changing your major to business.   By the time you graduate, if you have continued to work full time in restaurant kitchens while going to school and still look...
I made a loose adaptation of kuku paka (coconut chicken). It is a Kenyan curry dish.   I used chicken thighs that I marinated in ginger, garlic, bird's eye chilies, and lemon juice.   For the sauce, I put heirloom tomato, onion, bird's eye chilies, fresh coconut and toasted cumin into a blender and made a paste which I sauteed until darkened and thickened.   Added chicken and sauteed briefly, lidded and turned heat to low for about 10. Uncovered and added coconut...
 I was at the grocery store yesterday and saw coconut milk. I flashed on this thread and got nosy. I picked up several cans  to look at ingredients. Some brands list guar gum as an ingredient. It is used a lot as a stabilizer, but it also has thickening power. Around eight times the power of cornstarch, which could possibly explain the quick thickening when the batter hits the heat. Check out your coconut milk for guar gum on the ingredient list..
 Ask the purveyor to explain cryovac packed primal cuts then.