or Connect

Posts by FrontCook

Good point Edward, the process of elimination is often a good way to decide what you want to do, but what if you have so many things you want to do??! Running a culinary school is very tricky because very few people think of cooking schools. The average person learns cooking at home from their parents and only when it flares up their passion for food do they look to pursue this path - which is often eliminated in the above-mentioned process!!! I've spoken to so many...
  LuvPie, did you forget the eggs?   Betty, thank you for that great recipe, keep up the good work!
Good point Gabs88, I'm behind you on this one. I've tried many different varieties of knives, the one that kept its edge the longest, and the one I had to take so much more care of is the Japanese multi-layered forged knife by Hattori (I believe the HD range). But these knives and others that I've used are high maintenance so I've resorted to just use the Scanpan range with a Smith's Diamond edge sharpener for pretty much everything. Yes, I colour-coordinate the knives...
Thanks
Great point and I agree with you foodpump. Cakeandcookie, there's something about learning a particular cuisine that comes with regularly eating the food, living the culture and speaking the language. Imagine going to an authentic Chinese restaurant and the chef there is Caucasian that doesn't speak a word of Chinese. How authentic does that feel? At best, you'd expect this from a takeaway place, not a restaurant hey? My intention is not to be racist, but I hope...
Bill and Derek, I too felt the pain in 2010 when there was a downfall in the economy and it was difficult to meet the quota in my IT role. Where I am now sounds quite distant to everyone else is in this conversation. I'm part of a team in a cooking school in Melbourne www.frontcookingschool.com.au, so I'm not sure if my feedback about chefs in my area are of any relevance. The economic downfall was quite delayed in Australia (just as everything else is!) but it did...