or Connect

Posts by X86BSD

Thanks for the lead!! I'll order that and try it out. Thanks so much!
I would kill for a good white pudding recipe. They are not easy to find. The one I have assumes you have an entire pig to use. A more modern one anyone wishes to share would be very appreciated
My feet are jacked. I have flat feet and big problems with my metatarsal getting inflamed from crappy shoes. I tried dansko clogs and they worked well for it mostly but left me with numbness in my big toes. So the next pair I bought were MBT shoes from the walking company store. MBT's have been absolutely amazing! If you have issues with your feet please try them. They are like nothing you've ever walked in. It's a rocker type shoe and I have zero problems with them. I'll...
You'll have to post back the results!
This is how I feel about it, your mileage may very. Recipes are not trade secrets to be hoarded. Not IMO. I'm in the world of food for a reason. Because I love food, and I want to share the memories of a wonderful meal with others. The joy that food can bring. If I have an amazing dish somewhere ill certainly ask for the recipe. It can't hurt. The worst thing that happens is they say no. Now as to how I feel about being asked for one of my recipes? I'm humbled. If I make...
The best app I've found to date, for me, has been paprika. It's on my ipad and its a really nice app and does everything I need it to. I have yet to find anything better so far.
Interesting. I've never heard of it referred to as a pudding. English or otherwise. But it's not like I hang with a lot of Irish nationals here in kansas in the states. You learn something new every day!
Caroline, my understanding is that co. Armagh is where the good apples are to be had. It's what Armagh is known for among other things. I have several apple cakes and desserts n my cookbooks most of which are from co. Armagh. I'd love to get your collection of traditional food recipes you ate growing up
Ingredients1 1/2 lbs apples3 tablespoons water1 teaspoon lemon juice1/2 cup sugar3 egg whitesoptional toppingswhipped cream (optional)brown sugar (optional) or crumbled vanilla wafer cookies (optional)DirectionsPeel and core apples.Slice into a saucepan.Add water and lemon juice.Cook covered on low heat for about 15 minutes until apples are soft.Put apples and sugar in a blender and mix into a puree.Set aside until mixture is cool.Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff,...
There are some wonderfully light dishes in the Irish culture. Apple snow for instance. Some of the seafood dishes as well like sole with cider sauce. These are examples of lighter Irish fare but your definition of lighter and mine may differ