or Connect

Posts by Amy83

Interesting forum topic. One of the things that draws me to a particular chef and the restaurant they run is their personality, conviction and style. The best chefs in the world can not be separated from who they are as a person; think Thomas Keller, Alice Waters, Ferran Adria, Joel Robuchon, Grant Achatz, Eric Ripert, etc. If your personal beliefs make you a vegetarian, then you need to stick to your guns because that's who you are, and there's no seperating the person...
I had the exact same question a few weeks ago. My mom use to always do a braised chicken thigh dish in fish sauce and chicken stock but I never liked how the skin would sog out. I Googled Braised chicken thighs and came across this technique/recipe: http://www.stellaculinary.com/recipes/braised-chicken-thighs-world-famous   The dish was really yummy and the skin on the chicken thighs stayed nice and crisp. I made it for my mother and father and they were very...
Thanks for the all the resources Phatch. Beautiful pictures ChefBilly and Scubadoo. 
I remember my Uncle use to do a whole roasted suckling pig in his wood fire oven that he built himself in his back yard. His secret for the crispy skin (which was always the best part) was to pour boiling water over the pig right before roasting. I never knew why this worked and forgot all about his "trick" until Dowley mentioned it. I never would have thought to try this with a whole roasted chicken.   Also, I've heard a lot about brining, both here and on other sites,...
Hi Everyone, my name is Amy, and I've been "stalking" the Chef Talk forums for quite some time now. I've always hesitated to register because I was more focused on learning from all the amazing people here then actually posting, especially since my cooking knowledge is fairly limited. Both my mother and grandmother are amazing cooks, and while I always enjoyed their food growing up, I was spoiled to the point that I never fully grasped how good I had it until I moved out...