or Connect

Posts by mrmexico25

Price isn't really a factor, but under $200 would be ideal.
I'm getting married in October and I didn't want to give my groomsmen the typical flask, or bottle of whiskey so I was thinking more along the lines of something they can use. Only one of my groomsmen is a professional chef, but all of the others have grown an affinity for cooking and are all doing quite well. Every Sunday we have a ritual where one man cooks, the other brings cigars, and the other brings the booze so practicing original or traditional meals has become a...
I like the way this post is going! Pics look great guys! Especially that soup and salmon... Yumm
Anyone ever try it? I've been doing some research and I know it's expensive. It has a very high fat content and seems to be returning to popularity in fine dining. Just wondering if it really is THAT much better.
Kane both of those looks amazing.  I need to start steaming rice more often.  Is yours pretty sticky?
Tonight was a special night out.  It was my fiancees birthday so I took her to the Lonesome Dove Western Bistro in Downtown Fort Worth.  It's Tim Love's restaurant and it was awesome! 
Yea, I was just shocked when my friend who graduated from le cordon bleu (sp?) and was so wasteful with his product... I couldn't believe that he (in my mind) didnt get his money's worth of $50,000 of "education" and they didn't spell out these simple steps to actually BEING A CHEF.    Dont waste food Accountability food cost and even labor cost...   It was a total shock that he didn't know these things after paying that kind of money.  Crazy...
  But do cullinary schools actually teach the business aspect of cooking?  or is it just technique, ingredients, pairings etc...???
Cupboard and refrigerator extravaganza is right!  Collards, curry paste, peanut butter (wtf?!), coconut milk, rice, beans, mint and cilantro!  That's alot of stuff! sounds extremely interesting, though I don't have an idea of what it would taste like lol.  
Agreed but once again, using your resources and not being wasteful is a VERY important aspect to the business side of cooking, and if these culinary grads want to some day be Executive Chefs, then they'll have to learn that you CANT waste what you paid for.    I'm not a culinary grad but don't they teach you the business aspect of cooking?  Someone please enlighten me... Because if they're not, these students are drastically over paid for their education.