or Connect

Posts by mrdecoy1

Hi I made some garlic confit in olive/grape seed oil, warmed the pan with the oil, then brushed it all over my pork chops then put in the pan. Cooked it and I couldn't taste anything resembling garlic. What should I do different next time to really taste that garlic oil? 
Back to my question about books, I've noticed on Amazon reviews for most all Patisserie books no matter how acclaimed they are somebody always says: "measurements are so far off  nothing came out right" this most often has to be user error right? 
All DVD's are like new watched only a couple times and handled carefully. I'll pay shipping USA only.   1. Dry Heat Methods Vol 1 75.00 2. Dry Heat Methods Vol 2 75.00 3. Moist Heat Methods 75.00 4 Basic Kitchen Preparation 75.00 5. Basics Of Sauce Making 75.00
KOKO,    Different conversation.
Terry,   Pastry and standard dessert bakery, all of it. Thanks
This thread has some very good info. I'm not so sure I want to start out with Betty Crocker, since a big part of baking is about precision and very accurate weighing, I would rather get a book that starts with the ABC's of doing this then followed with real world applications. Thanks
Thanks also out of curiosity which books would fall in the: "intermediate" category and finally "advanced?" thank you.
Hi I'm wondering if there is a good beginner book that takes the reader by the hand step by step with photos? thanks.
Hi just some questions about garlic confit. If I store it in a mason jar does the jar have to first be sterilized? Also am I supposed to heat it to 250 degrees before storing? or should I just make it, shock it an ice bath and jar it and not worry for a couple weeks? seems to be a lot of differing opinions out there. Thanks. 
Search: Thomas Keller Garlic Confit, I think you need to bowl it and drop it in an ice bath, then refrigerate.