or Connect

Posts by MichaelGA

Modern factory made pot-pies are often encased top and bottom crusts.  (they are also mostly pretty bad)   Below are some images.   I'd make the pies just like you have described.   Just make a bottom shell, blind bake it with an egg-wash so it becomes more waterproof once you add the filling.   Or just tell him to buy a frozen one and shaddauppabout it!        
Bake the cake as usual, portion it as you want, wrap it well, freeze it.    Way less work and same general result.
If you're not the boss ... then be prepared to leave.      Generally when the kitchen is a pig-style it's because the Chef / Owners don't care, and that is very hard to change especially as the 'new-guy/gal'   Rather than working at a place that is trying to kill someone just move on as fast as you can and forget you ever stepped foot into that place.
Looks Sharp!   Nice collection also.
Very nice - I would be proud to have it in any kitchen.
ORDO!   Stop being silly.   I respect you and commend your quest but what you are doing is not 'sous-vide'   I could have told you that those rib bits would fail.  Cooking for that duration and that temperature will not work. (anyone who has done sous-vide could have said the same)   It is way too high a temp and far too short a duration.   The vacuum or pressure is not the important part - the time and temp is!
Depending on the protein you are cooking, and how it's sliced.   You could try to fry your aromatics and onions in a fairly generous amount of oil.   Remove them and then fry your chicken in  the now flavoured oil.   Then mix them all together or alternatively make a sauce with the oil in the pan.   If you must have darkly cooked, carmelized onions, cook them first.   Then remove them and cook you chicken breast and add them back just before serving.   Everything...
 ...   this is your first problem.   Learn what a Chef is and then you learn how to work with them.
High or Hacked...   ... that is the question.   ?!??
Actually that was faked.     I'll try to find the article that de-bunked it.    Basically using old video tapes would not give  half the information that is being stated.   Even modern surveillance doesn't come close.   It's a rant -  some truth to it... but still made up.