or Connect

Posts by MichaelGA

Paco Peña performs "Farruca" in Studio Q    
This one is for Petals...   Local Canadian Talent - very much in the style of Tom Waits...but with a bit more Canadian!   ... and beard!    
Depends on the type of heat - for propane I prefer a Plancha style grill with raised grid.  For charcoal I prefer thin wire Stainless Steel.  I prefer to cook with the coals rather than the retained heat in the grill.
Here is another point of view.   I've heard about them almost all my career... that is a long long long long time, covering many continents and many cuisines.   I have never seen one in a kitchen, any kitchen at all ever.  I have seen sharpened hack-saw blades with wood handles, wood paddles with finishing nails driven through them to tenderize food and many other horrors of horrors but ....   Never a CutCo -   I might actually go out and buy one just so I can see...
 Please don't forget ... if you mechanically tenderize any whole muscle meat you must then treat it the same as ground meat.  ie. you may have introduced foreign substances into it. imho - it's all around a bad idea to MT any steak, fillet, chop or roast.   Just learn to cook and slice it proper. The texture comes out all wrong also in my opinion.
I will surely do a review when I get the device... I've already planned on it. @dcarch  the ones shown on Kickstarter and Cooking Issues were hand-made buy Dave and Crew - so it's no wonder they looked pretty bad. here is the Production Prototype.    Taken apart for cleaning / inspection... New Torch / Bushing and Thumbscrew ConnectionsThey have also now pretty much come out and said - you must for best results and stability use a BernzOmatic TS8000 torch head and the big...
@ChrisBristol You'd end up with a soggy mess on the outside instead of a crust and carry over cooking would be increased.    Try hot water bathing / poaching that chicken in a marinade / broth of soya sauce, maple syrup and water.   Bring to 140F and hold for 35 minutes.   Remove pat dry and sear quickly.   Now that is moist, tender and full of flavour.   @AllanMcPherson  I've always wondered if a freshly grilled steak had some sort of VOC's that need to dissipate...
  I agree Allan... that is why it put it in the Zen... seems right but not exactly 'proven'... more to be found out i'm hoping.
I agree... not much commercially available here - unless imported from England .. but the local scene is starting to pick up on 'old-styles'   ... least that is what they call them here ....   For me... I call / describe them as 'balanced'...
ROFL welcome to the site~! I'm so glad to hear about your enthusiasm for RD. Please tell us a little something more - you have used them for 15 years to do what?  You are an owner? 15 years as a manager seems a bit ... ack Which RD location have you used for 15 years....