or Connect

Posts by MichaelGA

Yup - use barely any oil or it will smoke like crazy.  I've even done them dry ... but only on a very well seasoned steel, or they will stick, but nothing that a sharp-thin and stiff spatula can't fix.   While you might be worried  about some cross contamination from crazy yeasts - you might also like the combination in your new ales.  Sometimes they are very difficult to reproduce (as an uncontrolled experiment).   For me I just embrace the randomness... savour and...
Awesome stuff  a few tips you may or may not know.   Let it pre-heat for a generous 30-45 minutes that thickness will soak up a lot of heat.   Cooking on foil is also an option if you dislike burning parchement.   Using high-hydration doughs is a lot of fun, long cold ferments using ale or brewers yeast come out great.   To really make a crackling crust heat a large lodge cast iron pot in there too and then place your boule down on the steel and slap the pot on...
Charred over hot coals with olive oil, lemon juice and a splash of soy-sauce.  Much like one would do asparagus.
I'm just soaking everything in and enjoying the ride - I figure about mid month I'll start to experiment, we'll see what happens but I'll post both good and bad.
Quote:  ROFL - find out about the garlic or the nibble or the breathing!
 Looks fantastic!
You could also use Sour Cream, Cream of Tarter and some Lemon Juice to make a slurry out of the cream of tartar so it incorporates better.   Then add in whatever combo of diced sweet bread and butter pickles, gherkins, onions, shallot whatever you like.    I've actually done batches with finely diced red, green and orange sweet peppers for sandwich spreads.    You want to use a full fat sour cream, creme fraiche would also work depending on the end use.   I've...
Ok... I think I get it now, but not sure...   Post your Chermoula recipe.   ---   For now I'll use what you already posted even though incomplete.   Cilantro, - citrusy, green fresh flavour, (super tasters might find it soapy) - Lemon Basil, Verbena parsley, - fresh green, grassy, distinct - Lemon Grass Leaves, Perela leaf, wheat grass paprika, - smokey, earthy, dry - dried or smoked mild chili's, fermented dried black beans, fermented chili's lemon, - bright,...
Some forced patina's can be amazing - there is a thread here  ​   with contributions from a short timer that made some amazing designs.     Kristopher was his name... haven't heard from him in a while but his pics are still here. He even explained how he did them - but you'd need a bit of artistry.  Cool thing is if you don't like it - you can start over... just not too many times.