or Connect

Posts by MichaelGA

You probably don't have any problem with coffee... you just have a problem with all the other crap that gets swept up off the floor which goes into that terrible bad costco crap.   1/10th sawdust and hemp string shavings along with concrete dust and animal droppings, always ground finer than fine so you can't tell.   As bubba said... Life is too short for bad coffee.   To make certain - go out and buy a 'good' cup of coffee at a respectable place and see what that...
If you're going strictly with a menu - then the sky's the limit, fast and loose seems to get the most play today.   Ballotine - generally only poultry and traditionally legs/thighs or mostly intact meat that is stuffed.   Mostly served as an entree, usually hot.   Galantine - generally emulsified fish or poultry, served cold, aspic common but not required, made as a center piece/display and cut into serving portions, the ancient terminology usually refers to a...
Ballotine   Galantine   Roulade   Paupiette   ----     There is a lot of over-lap and also many variations but in general they were all ways to make traditionally expensive meat stretch a little bit further.  As meat became cheaper they became the end result themselves and sometimes even cost more in the end than simply buying more meat.     The second reason was to 'enrich' what was considered to be a 'poor' cut of meat by adding flavour and preventing it...
Just to throw a curve ball in here ....     1 hour max, once up to temp. (20 minutes for fish... and you can eat the bones - just like the ones in cans of salmon)   But that is in a pressure cooker.   Honestly I was hesitant at first but once I understood the FSIS laws of pasteurization at low temps for long durations the leap to extraction done at High temps and short durations was pretty easy.   Here is an easy read on the subject -...
Well I only found some scribblings on the back of a page of conversions.   Full Sheet 26x18 = 30 cups Half Sheet 13x18 = 15 cups Quarter Sheet 13x9 = 7.5 cups   all nominal 1" height filled to 4/5 or so... almost full.   The exact measurements filled to the brim, on straight side pans are:   full 468 cubic inches or 32.4 cups half 234 cubic inches or 16.2 cups quarter 117 cubic inches or 8.1 cups     Slab Cake pans 2" high are slightly different as they have...
For home cooks I posted this chart a while back.         I've got one for kitchen sized pans around here also.   Will have to find it and put it online.
sounds like a bunch of students had no idea of how hot sugar can get...   ... bad teacher - next time don't leave them alone while you go for beers.   - your beers should wait while you finish supervising.
Use fresh tomatoes... refrigerate them - this will kill the tomato taste and then add your herbs / flavourings.   Heated or canned tomatoes have the flavours 'fixed' in them, so they won't work for a red-herb sauce.   The other modern alternative is to use tomatoes grown for size, colour, shape and durability out of season.  They however created have a natural lack of flavour!  :)   To find them - simply pick them up and give them a sniff... no scent ... no...
I bet if they had called the restaurant and explained the situation ... most of this could have been avoided.   Honestly, there are many possible solutions and when 2 sides work together they are easily found.
Here is a thread for making cheese sauces.   Pepper Jack will work just fine with the method I posted, you can actually use almost any cheese with this method.