or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

You may think its small, but I doubt theres much I COULDNT make in that kitchen. What do you WANT to make?
Ive done it all grain, and extracts with other grains. Both are good, extracts are less work.
@Mary... A few things odd about that recipe. First, thats a rather low finished gravity for a stout. Ive brewed IPAs with higher FGs. 15 minute boil for liquid extract, hour for D.E.? Sparging to fermenter then adding water to volume is never a good idea, in terms of sanitation. And if you have to, it needs to be freshly boiled, cooled while sealed then added. Also seems an 86% attenuation would yield more than 4.2% alcohol as well, but not sure about that. Just sayin....
Well sure you could move, but the lil buggers might FOLLOW you....like those ghosts you hear about...or the Shark in Jaws 3. lol But the fact is we all live in a world filled with life we can't see. We can sanitize our living spaces, but we still have to LIVE there. And like Malcom said in Jurrassic Park, "life finds a way'. However, because this is apparently the first time something of this nature has happened to you, it may simply be an isolated incident. May not...
Agreed, you can make something classic from every country in a crockpot.   @OP question:Also be sure you WERE on low cook setting and NOT the WARM setting. Big difference in temperature there, as warm will keep the contents at 135°F or even less, depending on whats in there. Which is nice and cozy for squigglies.   Crocks also vary, my low cook setting will simmer a load of sauce, but it takes a long time, so its right on the threshold.   If in fact you were on...
First, a lidded crock isnt airless, thats a lot of air still under the lid, Anerobic bacteria find oxygen counterproductive to having big families. Canned environments for example, are perfect, cozy breeding grounds. Did you ever ask your husband what it tasted like? Any off flavors? Bitteness? Any alcoholic taste at all? My money is on spontaneous fermentation by wild yeast in the air, and given your description of ingredients, especially things like honey and the low,...
Its understandable youre proud of the work you did for royalty, maybe few others, and presumably they were happy with your results. But im with above, unless you have their implicit blessing to use them, or their PR office as a reference, I would keep it close to the vest for now and pursue other ways to promote. And in the future I would ask such clients while youre working with them, or even when you first land the gig, if its okay to list them as a reference.
First, knives are kinda personal, a function of how they look, feel in your hand, and what youre going to do with them. You might consider giving them a gift certificate in the suitable price range from a reputable cutlery place with a varied selection, rather than try to choose knives for them. Second, Ive been given several of these knife block sets over the years, people love to give them as gifts, so shiny and cool lookin. But the fact is, I use about 4 knives for...
In the theatre banquet room kitchen half of which I built, they had granite tops all thru the dining room. And they wanted matching granite for the 48" passthru. I advised against it, they insisted. No heat lamp. When doing a dinner, I'd preheat plates, plate and place on the pass. The plate was cold in 2 minutes. A towel underneath didnt help much. Someone above suggested preheating the granite... seriously have you ever tried to do that? Granite is gorgeous and very...
Ok, this board is starting to confuse me. We have an obvious amateur posing a question about pricing I.E., money, in the professional catering board. The last time that happened, the entire thread got deleted rather than moved, all our posts, everything.