or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

And is the 30/hr  what you intend to bill, or to pay, for labor? And is that including you, or are you tallying and billing your own time differently?  Basically  you can pay labor (yours and helpers) whatever you want, the bottom line is whether A) you have ALL your expenses figured in, (including all that travel expense/time, and as Mimi said, profit) and B) whether that final price per head is acceptable to the client. (a figure you haven't provided for assessment.)
Well it sounds like you have the business volume  for a wider variety of potatoes. You really don't need a deep fryer for fries and the like,  probably better that you don't--I've never been big on all that absorbed oil. You can make any of the above mentioned the same as you do the reds, bake just til soft, hold warm then toss on flattie to finish the order. I've made  lots this way with no complaints... its sitting around after grilling, and cooling then reheating...
Typical breakfast/lunch potato choice possibilities are ,  Grilled red potatoes, (many variations in shape and seasonings) Hash brownsCottage potatoes or Home Fried potatoes (these arent red) Potato frittersSteak friesSeasoned friesPotato wedgesTater Tots (recent thread on this) Sweet potato fries Many possibilities really, Im sure there are some I missed.   Well if you're leaving 'em sitting around 2 to 3 hours I'm not surprised. I won't even do that in catering.Why...
Here here. I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of their definition of S&U food myself!
Okay I've read back through this and need to modify my original um...reaction. First I would note that the OP hasn't been back in yet..... Second, when I wrote mine it was getting late I was tired and admittedly not in a good mood that night. I had sort of skimmed through the OP and 4 or 5 replies, the whole thing reminded me a bit too much of my nephew's accident. And he was badly hurt, and it definitely was negligence on the part of his employer. And he never got...
A third option exists: Nothing prompts an apology from your employer like a server slapping a court summons on their chest naming them personally in a 50,000 dollar lawsuit for medical damages due to their negligence. But by then their "sorry sorry sorry" is too late. lol   And I personally think negligence is at work here. This same thing happened to my nephew a few years back, he finished culinary up north, got a chef gig in a city hotel, and was pretty much ordered...
Yes and the maddening thing about that is the next time they come, rather than arriving early to compensatefor slower ticket times at that hour, they repeat exactly the same behavior--every visit. Its like blaming thetrain engineer for being on time because you're running late. Which they probably do after they leave yourrestaurant. lol
So you found yourself staring at my post, and made a conscious decision to take me seriously. Really Chef.....you're a man smart enough (and have certainly seen my posts enough) to know I was making a joke out of the ...rather one sidedness of your comment. (and if you read back on me, you'll see I routinely find this kind of literary bait irresistible. :-) I didn't call your post a disservice to anyone, while I certainly could have. But I saw your analogy as a bit...
Well just remember, being happy with you, and being happy with you because they know they're getting you for a steal CAN be two different things, unfortunately. Just something to keep in mind while youre talking.
Haha, I was getting that kind of "expert advice" from HIRED helpers, brand new to the business....they seemed toinstantly see all the BETTER ways of doing it!Menu sounds diverse and interesting. Glad it was a success.