or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

Welcome in. There are many online sources with descriptions matching your outlined parameters, like freezability, and you should be able to get what you need locally from warehouse type stores like Costco, restaurant depot etc. Cheapest way to go about it.   Was curious, are you currently providing these 2 families by making their meals at their home, or are you transporting it to them already prepared? If the first, youre more or less acting as a Personal Chef. If...
Have you tried to do any research into the company itself? Who's the parent company, and what is their recent history? Its entirely possible (especially in this economy) that the company has experienced a recent (within  last 1 to 3 years) merger, or worse, has been completely bought out. When these transactions take place in the food manuf industry, and lots of other industries too, its not uncommon for the new parent or owner to start overhauling the product line and...
The head count ( actual number of people attending) is always important in an initial post. The amount of food per person that is eaten is lower with a party of say, 30, than a party of 250. I don't know why, it just consistently works out that way. Maybe eating is infectious; bigger parties just seem to consume more in their path. Like Army Ants.  100 is somewhere in the middle, but it also depends on whether its a served buffet or a self service. And  though you've...
Most of the answers you seek are contained in this very thread, just scroll to the top and work your way back down.   When holding pasta for a length of time I keep it in a shallow "puddle" of water in a sterno chafer. The air getting to it is what ruins it. But the pasta has to have been cooked barely al dente to begin with, or it will cook to soppiness in the holding bin. Also, sitting in its own starchy water is what helps makes it "all sticky and clumped up".
**Shrugs** Not necessarily. His decision to "pass on you" may have had little or nothing to do with your pastexperience or your way of expressing it verbally. In fact it may have had nothing to do with anything in yourcontrol. For instance, many "openings" aren't even really that-- they're what we called in Piloting circles, suckerholes. Where they conduct several interviews as a formality, while in fact any real opening has already been"filled" by someone of their choice...
Agree with CB, even with TINY servings youre gonna have heaps of food left over. There is a point at which, for any given number of people, a certain number of apps, mains etc becomes too much FOR that number. Glancing at this, you've way exceeded it for 30 ppl, in fact I wouldn't serve all that to a group under about 3- 400 . Just too labor intensive a menu.   That said, if I were to actually price out a menu like that for 30 people well, lets just say they wouldn't...
Well maybe high, relatively speaking. Its all in the experience in mountain flying techniques. But Im a pretty instinctive pilot and always wanted to fly the alaskan bush. But yes, it IS pretty "call-of-the-wild" up there. Currently stuck in smog laden LA with 7 of the worlds busiest airports within driving distance. lol
Not a lot else to do up there, eat sleep (when it finally gets dark ) fish, hunt & get smashed. lol I really should have found my way up there years ago-- Id be a bush pilot no doubt.
I spent a couple weeks in anchorage in the summer time with a relative up there. Basically a city carved out of the middle of the forest. Do you manage to make a decent living up there as a chef?
Just make each of them something they've never tried or made before. Easy PEASY!!