or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

Really? With 13 years in existence and tens of thousands of posts by pro Chefs, many of whom have been in the industry for decades?Well Chef...if you can't find any help in all THAT, I dunno what to tell ya.
A couple things... first, how do you feel about say a party of 4, they all get drinks but one guy, who has his own TRAVEL cup with gawd knows what inside it?   If you' re not so touchy about THAT, then  maybe you  can explain to them it's not so much the contents that bother them, as having a competitor's LOGO proudly displayed in your business. Most people cant think of a valid argument for that one, and they may start bringing it in a "plain brown...
Pffth that movie could make a grown man cry Joey. Why would anyone make movies with that kinda power?! Just sayin...
Well im sorry to hear you lost your job, heres to finding one soon that fits you better. You guys can come off as pretty brutal especially to newcomers, remind me never to vent my emotions in CT. I think theres enough jade in here to build a good sized statue for the town square. Lol
Actually I've always wanted to try my hand at Klingon cuisine. Left to right, that's: Qagh (Gock), Heart of Targ, and Pi'peas Claw.   Here're a few more:   And one classic not shown is Roh'Kek Blood Pie. Oh sure, there are recipes, but I've always wanted to figure em out on my own.   Warning: the first one to call me a Trekkie is in for it!  
I'm confused about your rant. Are you not happy because your manager/boss cant do your job, while he's doing his own, and while you're NOT doing his?   Or are you unhappy because you don't think he deserves his title and pay, because he cant do your job as well? Do you feel his job entails the ability and obligation to effectively and skillfully perform all jobs he's responsible for, yours included?   In other professions, the title manager, as well as the added...
I see your chime and raise you one ringing alarm clock.....   True that, but they'll no doubt use even more of the smaller plates. Haven't heard back from the OP, but would be wondering myself if they wouldn't be open to the possibility of using the classier, but disposable, plates. There are some real purty ones now.   Also, with a small plate for each station, they're bound to grab new silverware as well....or at least a fresh fork. So that's a LOT of flatware as...
Good point Chef--if  that is the more likely case, then I would consider using smaller plates, say 7",with a stack of plates at each of the 4 stations. And setting out the same number at each station will have theadded strategy of giving you an idea how much attention each station is getting.
Most mains can be prepped the day before and refrigerated. It's when you try to pre cook and reheat that you run into problems. One exception being that Ive pre seared beforehand with no difficulty, specially things like braised brisket. So you've done the chicken-in-puff, stuffed Cornish game hens can be fun, apple-cranberry  stuffed pork loin, individual beef wellingtons (or the full loin) to name a few that can be prepped then cooked day of.
That's right, its all about space allowed. If youre being given a 70 x 70 ft space for service, you should be fine. OTOHand, if you're cramming 4 stations into a 25 by 25 space  youre gonna have a problem with flow. And in that scenario the plate station in the middle will prob aggravate it--would be best if possible to position plates at the entry end. You might even need a "wait here" point at the end of plates to allow the buffet lines to clear a little-- whatever...