or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

I dunno....assuming consistent heat on your grill, you only need to temp test a few at first, then you'll get to know the cooking times pretty quickly. I'd hate to see ya pop for a thermapen just for one reception party.
 I'm pretty much in agreement with this.  (yeah  because Chefwriter beat me to it)  If this were my gig I would definitely send them a letter thanking them for the honest feedback andmention their continued value as a customer.However as compensation I would not (personally) offer anything .....extra-caterly.... that is, outsidethe context of the business, like tickets, wal-mart gift certificates, dinner for two at Razzanini's, etc.I would inform them I intend to give them...
Velveeta has a rich and colorful history in American food heritage. Have you contacted KRAFT about this project? Huge food company and I'm sure they have a wealth of info and recipes with Velveeta, from pasta to sauces, dog treats to fishing bait.  You might also want to research the many books and pamphlets put out over the decades specifically filled  with Velveeta recipes.
Sounds like a nice gig, 80-85 people weekly. Like any other event, in a blank piece of paper or a text file, list out your food costs.   Then your fixed costs, variables for that gig, any helpers, whatever you want for your time, & profit.  Divide by number of people for price per person.
They taste decidely different when you dont peel them. It theretore depends what im doing with them as well as how im presenting them. Theyre brighter an prettier when peeled......and I always peel fancy carrots with tops on. But if I'm just dumping them in a stew I usually dont bother. I'm also given to understand that the "skin" holds a greater concentration of vitamins.
Haha I say "you bitch!"I use expressions like "what the f---?"or "Thats a beautiful uppafukae" .Or Kaddammit when I drop or self mutilate, things like that.But never in front of Billy, Bobby or Betty-Joe Public, and I never cuss AT someone--to me that's crossing the line.But I also don't like to be cussed at myself, so it seems equitable.
I think the first thing we need from you (the OP) is either a breakdown or at least a total of your actual incurred  costs here, before yours and your helpers labor time is even considered, (and your company's profit on top of that)  just as in catering you would first list out your food costs and other fixed and variable expenses, both direct and pro-rated. In this case, as mentioned above, insurance for the valet provision would need to be written in, just...
                     Exactly this.  ↑↑ For that money you could even  provide a couple nice meat carving stations, nice apps and delectable sides.Maybe even a peppermint on each plate. 
Gotta be razor sharp to do that. Good form though, notice how he tilts the knife to follow the curvature of the onion. And was that just a latex glove on his left hand?
Okay just so I see straight.....   900 covers, 4 stations, 2 servers per station, 2 meat choices,. That's aprx 225 per station.  Guests hit a self-service buffet first, then go thru the meat line with food already on their plate, where a server asks their meat choice, then plops it on their bread or plate.  Do I have that right?    If so, assuming its a "ready-set-go" service, in other words when the caterer's ready to serve,  guest are sent up as a group all at...