or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

Well. You didnt say in your original post that she had great legs-- that changes everything!! Seriously though, I think the problem at the core is that having it strapped to her leg and easily accessible, sort of silently implies an intent to USE it. To initiate a call sure, but much more likely to receive them. Here you have a phone that at any time can ring 3 feet from the customers nose when she's standing at the table. If I got right down to it, I suppos I would...
Um....im afraid my viewpoint will be somewhat........tainted my friend, even though Im older than you. This due to my being, and having grown up in Sothern Calif, Los Angeles area. The image you describe seems quite docile to me, as I prepare to go about my day no doubt encountering school girls with so much eyeshadow they look beaten, young guys standing in line with their shorts around their knees proudly displaying a full 10 inches of their....boxer shorts, pulling up...
Yeah.......agreed I think. Doing business with a friend is a great way to lose one. (Maybe I should submit that to the Fortune Cookie gods :-)
One line i worked on we used breaded, pre cooked, then frozen chicken parts. We pulled from the freezer per order, dropped em in the fryer for 6 minutes. The outside was perfect (relatively speaking) but the inside was 80 degrees. So they went in the microwave for an additional 2 minutes, bringing internal temp up. Only way i know. Sure we dont wanna microwave, and wanna be able to SAY we dont, but in this case IMO, the process youre using has already degraded the quality...
Food costs + fixed costs + variable costs + your fee + extra labor + desired profit = $$$ per person.
Welcome back to the land of culinary opinions, Chef! ūüėÄ
 Now THAT's a post that lives up to your name!  Does it work in the CAR? Teach me your WAYS Master!!  No doubt times HAVE changed. In grade school, I pulled a prank at school and got a big paddlin' with a big piece of wood,wielded by a huge Rancher/Principal. Today he'd be arrested, sued and awarded a child abuser record for such an act. I had 3 kids 18 months apart, took them out to dinner often. If they acted up, (rarely) I threatened a "trip to the car" and they'd snap...
Whew long thread, @Nicko, perhaps we should create and actual review thread for commercial mayo, because  virtually everyone uses it, both in commercial environments and at home. I consider it a more solid staple  than ketchup or mustard.    I like basically most full fat mayos, Best foods and Hellman's being my favorites.  With Hellman's currently at the top, because they make a nice variety.... regular, canola, olive oil, a few others, and  they're all good IMO....
Does it bring you extra napkins? Or clean up a spill? Or keep your coffee cup filled? Or take your scrambled eggs back and tell the cook you ordered over medium?Or any one of a number of endless things?  There's no sub for an actual assigned server, and I dont mind tipping, I just dont like it being expected of me, regardless of the service....or lack thereof. 
Interesting assortment, cudda been worse, but definitely a challenge, especially with the mushrooms, not easy IMO to repurpose em from savory to sweet. Sounds like you pulled it off fairly well though.