or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

You can make your best guess, based on business and anticipated rush, and make a batch up, enough that when you get low you still have time to make more in a slowdown time. Hold them under or in enclosed heat, stacked. New stack for each batch. My limit is 15 minutes--when that's up start tossing the earliest ones into the gunker. If you have no reserve when another rush hits, well that's life on the line.  And expect a little waste here--that's the price you pay for...
Good to hear. Now hopefully you can do that consistently!
The way a cook gets good at cooking steaks quickly is to cook a LOT of steaks QUICKLY. You've already proven that the steak item is gonna sell. And being a small community, the word will be out to EVERYONE very soon anyway.   Start gearing up, planning to keep plenty of 'em in storage (running out mid-rush is worse than the customer not KNOWING about them) Hand a temperature-taking-device to every cook and make them USE them, and have them knuckle-test them...
Kumquats WOULD be nice--and unusual. I've noticed that various fruits pair especially well with pork loin (or TL) both inside and out. Mango makes a good stuffing fruit with other flavors as well, and a pomegranate reduction can make a great sauce base. Great stuff, and cheap, so long as you keep it moist as mentioned.
You got the job by bidding a price range? If you already bid per person and sold it, I'm not sure what you're asking about pricing?   And you don't wanna second guess, or ANY guessing, generally you figure out ALL your costs, labor and fixed costs included, add profit and base your price quote on that. But if you've already got the job, you just need to figure out how to distribute the funds. In other words, you did it all backwards, The upside is it sounds like...
I agree it does seem odd to be an established rest/caterer and need help in pricing. Something doesn't add up right here....      And you guys do know right, that this is OP's only post, it's 5 months old, and they haven't been online in over 4?     Pity, cuz I would've like to know more about that cuisine.
Well since it hasn't even been a day yet, I'd call it premature to say we chased them away. They're probably sitting in class.   But oh alright, since our respected Oracle is insisting   Personally, sitting down with a  client and asking 3 questions is like tossing a few peas at an elephant--not gonna get the job done. Off the top of my head, I just plain wanna know....   What is the date and  time of day of this event?    What is the location?   How many...
Joy of Cooking, ahhhhhh, dipping into the classics there!    You also get to the point where you can just close your eyes, picture your dish  and let your imaginary taste buds guide your choice.
Pssst Cheflayne....SHHHHH!
There is a thing in psychology of the learning process called "original awareness". The principle basically states that a person is many more times likely to retain information if they create it or figure out for themselves, than info that is told to them. In other words, if we in here just answer questions like this for you, we're kind of doing you a disservice. And this is no different than what I told each one of my kids as they were growing up in school, and...