Posts by Meezenplaz

I can relay how I do breakfast potatoes. They come out perfect every time. Many insist that precooked or "left-over" potatoes have broken down and are basically unservicable. (we're talking about standard russets here, about 2-3 dollars per 10 lb bag.) And that's true of mashed for the most part.   But I steam standard russets, cleaned, whole, skin on, til fork soft. Cool, then if peeling, they come off easily with a blunt knife. Peeled or not, into the fridge over...
Trolling....haha spoken like a true fisherwoman, Mimi! Agreed, an ocean of usefull info in these archives. Snag it, set it, bring it up and digest its educational goodness.
Thank you for the update Erin. The followup is nice, it's something we don't get all that often in here. Theres always more than one way to skin a ca...chicken, sounds like you adapted and found a way that worked. Flexibility and improv is what catering is all about.
Welcome to Cheftalk Rubius.
Sure you use skim or diluted milk so it doesnt scald. As pointed out in the link, many boxed mac n cheeses call for boiling milk and water together, then cooking the pasta in it. Question is, do you think it makes any real difference in flavour? I dont.
Ive worked in commercial kitchens both mats and bare floor. Youve mentioned some down sides, mainly theyre a lot of work to clean, especially the ones with holes, theyre heavy and dificult to handle. Thus its us guys who usually haul em off the floor to clean. IMO the holy ones suck. There are solid, non slip mats that are easier to keep clean, nothing "goes down" inside, you just sweep or damp mop the mats in place, when the floor gets too crudded up you move them to...
@CW...Meh, funny I thought of doingv the same thing--chicken two ways, then qualifying them with a citrus sauce. lol When commenting on them taking double space, I was referring to splitting and pounding them to a half inch., or butterflying. Either way, theyd cook pretty fast. Ive pounded hundreds of BSCBreasts for various reasons, and always pound to a half inch for my cordon bleu. Theyre rarely dry or rubbery. However it is as you mentioned, easy to over cook...
@CW...It sounds like the client is going for visial appeal on the dish, shingling 2 halves atop a mound of pasta, without really having thought out the practical EATING part . I was under the impression from above that the breast was to be halved BEFORE cooking, not after. I agree with you here CW, better to have two individ cooked, thin breasts than to cook and cut hot breasts prior to serving. One drawback of course being that the chicken will then take up twice as much...
Code: I dont temember seeing above any info on how many cx breasts this oven will hold at once. I would do the chicken first, plan on about 60 mins at 350 F. You can hold them in broth, not a lot of broth, with a cover at around 140F. Which isnt cooking temp. Personally I would transfer from oven directly to Cambros, and theyll hold there fine for at least a couple hours. 2nd choice would be chaffers, with only ONE sterno burning. Also personally, since you have a...
Such is why Im slowly learning to conserve my ammo til Im sure my target is still in the bush.