or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

Though that does tend to be the accepted guideline, I suspect there may be some discrepancies in what we all consider drinkable vs not. Obviously any thing labelled "cooking wine" etc shouldnt be bought, much less poured into our heartchild veal dish. But others might consider a low cost brand of Chardonnay for instance, to be junk as well. Just sayin....
i cook with wine very often, even breakfast--poached, basted even scambled eggs get a kind dose of white before finishing. Ive cooked with many different whites, Chenin Blanc, Savignon Blanc, even White Zinfandel, but would have to say my favorite all around cooking white would be an inexpensive Chardonnay. When I cook with Red it's usually a Cabernet--just all around nice for color and flavour.
This is the method Ive used many times with full sized sheets of browniesand other bar type desserts, for large banquets. To facilitate quick and evencutting I made two metal strips as cutting guides. I used a pizza cutter (thelarger the better) either sprayed with non stick or dipped in hot water, runalong the guide. A chef knife can also be used....sharp.2 different width guides are needed if cutting into rectangles.You can make it out of foil wrapped cardboard in a...
Sheez, at 80k a year, being used to the frugal lifestyle of a food cooker upper, i could work 2 or 3 years and save plenty to open my own business. Wth the only ones telling me what to do being, me myself and i.
Yep and can also be dangerous...if done wrong. Once watched my exboss do it wrong and slice her finger straight to the bone.The key is a sharp boning knife and proper positioning and technique.Still a pain in zee ass though.
Every states not the same true FP, Phaedrus would be referring to at-will states, one of which im in also, and a trend which seems to be steadily increasing among the others.I personally think one of the reasons is to unclog the stopped up court systems.
Oops yeah I forgot about the kid question, was just generaizing on experience. Good call Chef Billy, thanx for that. And yes, the local climate is important too.
I assume youre griling burgers and dogs on site? What about the grilled pork, how is that being prepared? Open (self service) buffet, or staff handing out the meats? And how is the pulled pork to be presented---as sandwiches? Most guests will eat burgers.About a third to half will eat hot dogs. Pulled pork in the mix is a guess, depends on the crowd and on how good that pork is. Also depends on whether its all you can eat, or one-time-through. Off hand I would figger on...
Well, stating it directly like that is far better than client mistaking a valid charge for one. Downside being that it can limit the tip that they would normally award, at least on small parties.
Yeah how DOES that happen without a resurrection-post to trigger it?? However, it WAS a very good post, so i took this opportunity to upvote the undead thing.