or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

IMO if you and the rest of the BOH are wearing non-slip, and the FOH isn't required to, and they don't, and theyre allowed access by the manager/owner to the kitchen, and they go in there, while youre doing your job, walking on your wet floors  in your nifty safety soles, then the fault isn't yours... its the manager/owner who created this unsafe practice. To blame the kitchen staff is childish, pointless buck-passing.
@Panini it's so unusual in here to see  "Thread Starter" on a post, eleven YEARS after the original post!  Yep that's exactly how I've always done them. AND held them in chaffers, still fluffable, for up to 2.5 hourswith nary a problem.
Hypothetical:   "Local homeless man becomes millionaire following lawsuit in "dumpster poisoning"   case, buys personal jet, resides in Tahiti."   Yep, I can easily imagine that, especially in California.
Well i dont know what this has to do with cancellation policies...but no ones answered it so i will.... I worked fine dining dinner theatre for 6 years and how youre doing it just cant work. If i may ask...what kind of playhouse is this? How many seats/tables? Is it an actual theatre, Or an auditorium room? How is the place set up-are the seats on a gradient? Or are they all on one level? Who told you to serve this way? In dinner theatre, servers cant "work around" the...
Thank you Chef Layne, I really wasn't totally clear on that. I personally think it safer to use something pasteurized, even though its being cooked above 145°....people are skittish about eggs these days and assuring them of that is so much the better. Probably better from a liability standpoint as well I'd wager.
Thank you Chef, Most of what I did with bulk eggs in catering was back over 5 years ago, just now and then since then, . but nowadays  health dept's rather sticky about that, they want a pasteurized product, the biggest concern is salmonella.....but salmonella proliferates best in an airless environment, within a temperate range-such is why they want you putting it in shallow containers, stirring often etc.   I believe that the reason I never had a problem was that I...
Well as I said, I've used egg-pour plenty, but only a couple times in catering. But I've always been open to it for it's simplicity and ease.... hmm maybe not so much now....   Expect a bill for using that word....1.29 per use..... no free lunches.
You didn't come off harshly.... I just suddenly found myself wondering why I've never had a problem, while others apparently are. But again, I've never held them in a restaurant environment.   I suppose you could call it par cooking, but they ARE cooked....not runny, just barely formed up, then straight to holding. . Only way I've found they can be held for any length of time. Oh, and I preheat the pan too, so temp doesn't drop when I pan 'em.
Well don't get me wrong, I've had eggs go manky after they're cooked, but not in catering.And as a general practice, 2 hours was about the limit, (there were exceptions) but constantly held atleast 145°.Of course, and often....I didn't fall out of the oven yesterday lol. I don't serve food I can't be sure tastes good.Additionally, I'd often sit down with a plate  myself after the serving was done, so that would be at the END ofthe holding session. Moreover, so would...
So what I don't get is, in restaurants I've never held eggs in bulk, (always custom order, even one egg) butI've made and served a hundred batches of eggs while catering and never had a bad smell, or watched 'emturn into a egg-pave, once I learned to cook them right.Bear in mind I would typically pack up fresh cooked eggs at 4:00 AM into hotel pans, into a Cambro, transportto site, setup chaffers, drop and serve about 6:30 am, sometimes 7:00. Which means they held for 2.5...