or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

I typically cut in half lengthwise, steam them until they're barely fork tender, then marinade in garlic and lemon juice mixture, place in frige a few hours or overnight. At that point you can either eat them as is or drop into a saute' pan or oven for further culinary experimentation.
Might help a lot if you showed us the basic recipe youre using, and start from there.    I generally make the batter thin, then place in fridge to let the gluten relax a bit and such.  I've found that if I leave it for a minimum of 20 minutes, it works fine--much better than using it straight away.  The batter is basically thin pancake batter, consisting of eggs, flour, milk and melted butter.  And a bit of sugar, if making dessert crepes.    The batter thickens in...
Alright lemme say this then.....  if you really want to save some....AND you're not doing a sit down plated affair... (and BTW we still dont know how many people!)  then you can buy from an established 'strant as suggested by Cerise above, bring it  to the party and set it up. BUT, you still need to have someone responsible and committed to monitor the feeding operation from that point. Once you're off to participate in your own wedding, you need to be OUT of the...
What part of watching other caterers makes you think its no biggie, to just do it yourself?  All I can figure is the ones you've watched are total pros....and pros by very definition always "make it look easy". But there is more to catering than just putting the food out, then running off to do other things. (like getting married!)   At a wedding especially, be it plated or action-station, or self-serve buffet, it requires almost constant attention,  or at least...
im betting your friends weird look wasnt so much you using his grill, as the idea you need to train in someone elses kitchen to learn a job youre already doing, elewhere. Maybe you should work for HIM--if you enjoy making breakfast foods, making pizzas in a commercial kitchen is twice the fun.
Along with a few others i used to specifically search out his posts, to see what new things he might impart. He and his experience will be missed.
is this an assignment? As mimi said, we cant tell you the cost without knowing, well, the cost. You didnt ask about estimated amounts....you need to get food prices in your area, then divide by 150.
That's basically the same thing as using a French press--steeping in hot water then squeezing,pressing or filtering out the grounds.Speaking of old school (reeely old school) methods.... does anyone know of the trick northeren hunters still useto this day, of heating the coffee in a large pot, then dropping a certain kind of "stick" in, that causes all thegrounds to immediately sink to the bottom?Does anyone have any idea what kind of tree that stick is from, or where it...
Okay well for future reference....its not just the range itself its also in the hook up. The main concern being unrestricted flow.
As am i. How much coffee I want to make determines the pot I use. I have 4 camp type, and 3 electric perks--40, 55, and 60 cup. I dont currently own a drip coffee maker. And no trendy Keurig for this guy--we drink way too much coffee, the cost of them k cups would pay all the monthly utility bills. They all basically drip hot water over coffee grounds. The main difference being, drip coffee makers don't boil the water and they only drop it over the grounds once, while...