or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

Haha, good one.Funny, I always found them to have a distinct flavor, albeit somewhat diluted unless, as said above theyre properly drained.If not they do seem to retain an awful lot of water after theyre baked boiled or steamed.The key is always in the salting and spicing, and using more robust stuffing ingreds. Garlic is my friend!But what I have found is that "Mexican Italian Squash" , the shorter, striped ones, have much better flavor,and the added plus of thinner more...
Well its all a matter of standards. If the owners are wanting to put out TV food, regardless of quality, won't listen to their own chefs and  wont encourage or listen to customer feedback, then Id say theyre not running the place right. If you have no control over that, the only thing you DO have control over is what you pass through that winder. Some don't care-- a job's a job and the owner is the boss. Most of us in here, you included, I would say do. Tough one,...
You're working at a place far, far beneath you. I doubt you'll ever enjoy the freedom of creativity that you desire...and deserve. But so long as you ARE there, what would they do if, instead of simply saying "what bread would you like that on? Can we order another?" or "Might I suggest" , you said something more like " If you really want this sandwich to be ordered regularly we need a more flavorful bread-what we have wont work." or simply MAKING the glaze the way...
Maybe...never did know, I just feed the face below it Bananas Foster Flambe'!  
Actually from what you've said I don't see how you can afford NOT to.Because it sounds like your place of employment has suddenly become a sinking ship.I see one of two things happening in the next year; one, they're gonna "wake up" andstart trusting the people who know what they're doing to make the plan, or at leastlisten when they're advised against something they WANT to do (like your example)or two, they're gonna stay stubbornly ignorant, jumping at anything shiny on...
Very nice Chris, I've made many a stuffed zucchini, always length spilt and baked with almost anything as filling. But I've never found nor used the roundies, gotta admit they really present nicely. Gorgeous sauce too, doesn't take much saffron to make with the pretties.
In my younger days I worked QC in a food lab. I went through my curious phase where I was trying to contaminate everything through normal use, utensils, my hands, even breathing on the dam petri dish to see if I could give birth to huge robust colonies of aerobic creepy crawlies, and then enumerating them "just because they were there". I found it a challenge to produce anything noteworthy. Masks in a kitchen is paranoia at worse, lack of knowledge at best--a much...
First I suggest you search recent archives--there are several discussions on this very topic. It doesn't really matter if theyre affiliated or not, what matters is the quality of education youre getting, the credibility it has with employers, versus how much youre paying for it. I also suggest that you call 10 or 12 employers you would like to work for, and ujst ask them one question of their busy day--what do they think of American Le Cordon Bleu schools and...
Depends on the peeler. You can peel it, just takes more elbow grease. :-)   And BTW to cut without excessive pressure, you can also score a line a few time first, then complete the cut.
Great references Michael!