or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

(Forgive me if this is a bit disorganized, had limited time.) Some initial questions.... What time frame for service of 300? In other words how fast will you be expected to serve everyone fromthe scheduled dinner time on? Who's doing the serving? How many servers? Are you plating and serving acccording to table?How many guests at each table? (I would figure on minimum 4 servers per 2 platers) How is the food delivered from the kitchen to the servers--a pass-through?  Is...
Just add up all your costs--food, supplies,  variable, fixed, travel, rentals, extra labor, your labor (including your time to rent/return rental items) , and desired profit. Divide by number of people to get a per person price. 
That's roughly 3 times your FC, so its definitely in the ball park.  Coupled with the fact you don't need helpers and its a straight drop off with  minimal time on site, and that's probably fine. 
  Boy is THAT true Cheflayne! Which means when you're on that busy line, time actually "slows down" if ya can believe it--you always feel like you're WAY behind,even when you're slightly ahead. I've experienced this even more in high-end (6 or 7 course) banquet, but most of all in catering--that last 15 minutes before serving time is the WORST, you feel SURE it's all about to go straight to hell, you haulass to try not tobe TOO late, only to finally get it done, check the...
50 years.... you could have some nice antiques laying about.      I've outfitted entire kitchens using mainly these two onliners:    http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/   http://www.webstaurantstore.com/   You'll likely have to find some stuff locally too.... have a look around your area now. 
I agree it probably wont last, something probably happened to freak them out for a while--a couple cases of shrimp dipasseared, who knows?  But it's like installing a code-combination lock to use the range, because some server strayed in and managed to burn themselves. Once the slowdown and inconvenience outweighs their current paranoia, they'll likely find another way to fix their perceived problem.    In the meantime, there's an upside... it gives you a temporary...
 That's good, quick and simple, and cook as you go. I'd forgotten about skewers, I do the same thing with chicken, right down to the marinade. 
Haha, thanks guys, score one for the monkey-boy. Every now and then I do get a brain-glimmer.    Foodpump good point, if there are unions or the like involved, it changes the whole dynamic of whats happening here. In which case the existing workers are likely mad at management for circumventing what they feel is right, by bringing in union exempt temps. If this is the case, their behavior to the OP is probably not personal....they just see you as a pawn of the enemy,...
This is an example of utilizing human psychology. In order to do that one must first determine the  reason for the .....let's say unproductive attitides on the part of the incumbent cooks. My guess here would be along Foodpump's line of thinking, that these guys are resentful of the Temp being  there in the first place. And the reason for "pointing out every mistake" (even though not sensible    for someone who just arrived) is just due to lack of creativity to come up...
 So what kinds of things WERE they eating most?....start there.