or Connect

Posts by Meezenplaz

LOL So easy to do on this site, 'specially when the months and days line up.    Quick rule of thumb: if the post shows an actual date, rather than a number of hours or a number of days,  look twice at the actual date. :-)
Good suggestion--I haven't seen that done so far, is it in effect anywhere yet?   In my experience they all use the computer station to input orders, they "save up" several table's orders and punch em in all at once so the wheel gets theirs at the same time stamp. On top of that wasted time,  they all "fight" for time on the terminal to input/alter their orders. 
Using a multiplication factor like 3 is not a good idea, as most with catering experience will agree. Because its a guess,  not only will it not be consistent, but its a very good way to go broke.  That said, it is difficult for us to advise you on WHAT to price, because we dont have access to your numbers.    As to HOW to price, the formula I use is :   food costs,  plus: fixed costs (insurance, licensing etc.) variable costs (travel, serviceware, rentals,...
True all that, but if the numbers and events of the study are all made up, then we're  right back to where we started..... forming our own personal opinions about cellphones,  restaurants and inconsiderable patrons.   No proof here, but at least some analysis:   http://www.pratttribune.com/article/20140715/Opinion/140719654
I think you first need to make a solid decision whether or not this is acceptable to you in the long run, say over the next 2 years, or if it's something you need to rectify. If you  need to change it, you alone as owner have the power to do so. She may work "with you" but she still works FOR you--if she thinks she has, or is trying to assert, power of some kind then she is conning her own ego. And its up to you to set the record straight for all concerned. The next...
Okay I get it, I just felt that --I--  couldnt do it for that, doesn't mean you couldn't, and I was curious to know ifit was my error. Well, if it was say, 10 miles away, and I had to shop locally for say a half hour, and it was a drop off,I figure I'd need a minimum of a hundred bucks to make it worth the effort.  That's still equal to foodcost of 100 (which again seems high.) If I had to work at the event for some reason, likeprepping/preparing/concocting/arranging, then...
Really? If you find proof Id really like to see it Michael, so I can pas it on to the (celebrity) who twitilated it. Not that I enjoy bursting people's bubbles.... I lied, I love bursting people's fowarded urban legend warnings. Ive mailed and tweeted "corrections" on several. My favorite is the "Gang members will kill anyone with headlights off" day.  
No disrespect ever intended to you Chefross, but really?Okay so chicken and pasta salads and a cake for 15... even if total FC was say, 100 bucks, (doubtful IMO)half again would be 150.00 Even if it was all store bought ready made, and twas a simple "drop off", 50 dollarswouldn't begin to cover my travel to and from the event and the shopping trip, and my time for getting it alltogether. Such is why my minimum is in place--if they agree, then for 15 people I give them red...
When you sear a thick breast and let it sit the center is about 80 to 100 °F --you've created a near perfect incubator for them germies to be fruitful and multiply. While cooking after that point will kill active bacteria, the damage they've caused is already done. And chicken doesn't have to look, taste or smell bad to be dangerous. Getting away with that at home is one thing, you can always apologize to Aunt Mable later (or blame it on her age) quite another to...
Yeah FP, but your seventeen years is still like other people's 35 or 40.   And that's just it--as I mentioned, its amazing the babbledy gook they come up with to get hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of your labor, expertise and even out of pocket expenses, all for free. Its like a sales job in itself--   "Some BIG named people a will be attending this event--can you really AFFORD to pass this up, think of the free advertising."   "We're fundraising, so...