or Connect

Posts by beginnerchef

And then you go into an extremely expensive restaurant in callifornia and the desert is a cube of cheese with a slice of ham, why cant they get it right?! there are some cultures where people eat until they are about 90% full and then stop, I have definitely been cultured the other way, eat until you are ready to burst! its not a good idea though, particularly after restaurant meals I feel completely stuffed on the way home, we need to blame ourselves as much as the...
That is incredible, I cannot describe my jealousy it looks fantastic! I travelled to Thailand a few years ago and I adored every dish I tried, the one that sticks out was a  dish of king praws in a mango sauce, do you have a favourite? I went last week to a thai restaurant in my city that I only heard about through Groupon and it was really tasty, missed out on prawns though!   you should try and find an authentic recipe and then we can all try and make it! (Im sure...
haha that is absolutely awesome, well done, what kind of icing did you use? When I was little my mum tried to make me a cake shaped like a butterfly, it was a complete disaster, it just looked like a big blob haha
This is making me so hungry for a burger now! maybe its time to work my way through the top 10 burger restaurants in the US, these all look amazing!   There is a fantastic place next to me, its really cheap, old american-dinery sort of feel, the best thing about it is the sheer selection of what you can having in your burger, some of the combinations are absolutely crazy, you can choose the type of bun, the type of meat and as many extras as you want, so they end up...
I think it is totally a matter of opinion, think less about what food you like and what kind of wine you like, the 2 together will be a perfect combination! Of course it does take a bit of thought and a lot of experimenting, but dont be too tentative, you really want those wine flavours to come through. I once travelled to Marget River wine region in west australian and brought back some fasntastic wines which I often cook with because the flavours are so subtle. My...
I think Oscar Wilde, Robert Burns and Winston Churchill, I think they would get on well and it could turn into quite the party, I might not even cook for them an instead just order a pizza and some beers ;)
I have heard (and only heard, so this could be completely wrong), but apparently you can tell how good the wine is by the curve at the bottom of the bottle. The more curved, the better the wine. Cheers!
Warmer and sunnier sounds absolutely amazing, I want to escape the rain! Did you go this weekend? I hope you had an absolutely fantastic time, it sounds like you definitely will! After a lot of discussion and looking at what was happening in our city on Groupon, it sounds like we will be going for a meal in the evening (we both work during the day) and then going for a drink in the same cocktail bar where we met, which will hopefully be a very nice...
I use these quite a lot, apart from Marjoram, in fact I dont think I have ever been served butter etc with it in it, but now you mention it it could be a good one to try! I like Dill with fish and it is good in a potato salad. I dont use Sage too much - what does everyone have it with? I have a bit of a coking with basil addiction, I rarely find a dish it doesnt go great with, chive also is great for dishes with eggs and creams
Hello.    I had that problem once when baking bread, it was completely random and never happened again, I think the water content was not enough, now I always add a little. What temp is your oven at? Although its an easy trick and is done with all cooking and baking (sorry if it is very patronising advice), but baking it for longer on less heat often works wonders.    This article might be useful for you.