or Connect

Posts by mjkwilk

Thanks for the comments!   I decided to go with Le Cordon Bleu in Paris- so excited and can't wait to start! :-)    mllefraise- I visit LCB London last October when I was in the city and fell in love with it. Just about got tears when I was leaving. I loved how small it was- cozy is the perfect word! The students work was very impressive when I was walking through and the chefs seemed friendly and attentive. I haven't heard the best things about the new location...
Hey- I did a lot of research on schools in France. I found that ENSP went through a really rough time about 4 (?) years ago. If you join their Facebook group there's actually a member from that school year that wrote a couple notes on it explaining the situation. It seems to have gotten better but I would probably only go there if it was a study abroad type portion of another school I was attending just in case it didn't workout. Other schools to look at in Paris are Le...
Cordon Bleu! I'll be attending in March! I looked at Escoffier Ritz and Ferrandi as well and decided on the Cordon Bleu. Good luck!
I've thought about doing that! It would be a great way to learn from lots of different chefs at several different schools. The only reason I'm leaning away from it is that I've a lot of jobs requiring a certificate from a culinary school. But I could also see the knowledge learned from going to several short classes as invaluable, buuuut you could have holes in your education? hmmmmm tough decision!
Hey All!   I'm new here! Here's a quick about me: I'm 25, currently in the online advertising world with a passion for baking. I've wanted to go to culinary school for years. After lots of researching and talking to students in school and different people who had attended a wide range of culinary schools, I took a semester at a local community college to see what I thought of working in the kitchen and if it was the path I wanted to take. I absolutely loved it- the...