or Connect

Posts by thatchairlady

One niece, now 17 yo, has ALWAYS sent hand written thank you notes... even if her name was scrawled across card.  Same with niece's niece... only 4 yo.  Wish every parent had kids (or selves) actually SEND a thank you note... even if an email or text!
NE PA isn't Philly... moe like Scranton or Wilkes Barre??   You'll find lots of hints/tips/suggestions here!
I like white buttons raw... instead of a chip for dips.  Mushrooms (raw) and onions/shallots (VERY thinly sliced) in a vinegarette makes a nice dressing for a salad.
The "tree rats" are abundnt whereI live.  Not at all unsual to see 3-4 in yard at one time.  They're destructive... totally destroyed a few houseplants out on  during warm months... and I totally blame them for gnawing thru gas line on grill.   Saw something today tha I just HADDA be in the right place at theright time to witness.  Out of corner of my ee, saw "something" dive outta the sky!  Next thing I know a BIG bird is heading up into a tree in backyard with a...
Rise time depends on several factors.  My sister makes pizza nearly EVERY Friday night.  She buys yeast in bulk at one of the warehouse stores... and shares with me.  A pint mason jar of dry yeast lasts a LONG time.  I keep mine in Freezer (it never gets solid) and just dip some out when I want it.  I can easily have it a year before any noticeable change in rise time starts to happen.   She uses a bread machine... just dumps everything in and sets to mix/rise.  I...
I make cookies... giftees don't have "time" to do more than slic and bake??  A few years back made 5-6 different herb/spice blends as gifts.
Cute idea!  I'd definitely want RUNNY yolk and totally cooked white.  Might get a little "color" on the pepper ring before putting egg inside.  Thinking could be a thicker slice and would hold 2 eggs.
Back in late 60's or early 70's (when I was 18-20 yo and very comfortable in kitchen), Dad announced that Sunday dinner would be beef Wellington.  He got the idea from the limited (but GREAT) cooking shows on TV at that time... all PBS... Julia, Jeff Smith, Graham Kerr, for sure.  He was a serious beef guy who like his pretty rare.  He buys this BIG $$ hunka tenderloin and hands me a cookbook!!  No duxelle or pate, pretty much expensive hunka tender beef cooked in pastry...
Though I do NOT want mice... those glue things just seem like torture??  Have a cat that has caught/killer 2 in the 3+ years I've had her.  She'd be in cat HEAVEN out in garage... but can't think HOW I could get her to come back IN the house??  Also don't wanna think about dead mouse bodies left at the door.
Many years back, Dad roasted a "deconstructed" T-Day meal...  WAY before anyone coined that phrase.  Cooking for a BIG crowd at our house.  HE preferred white meat, so bought 2 whole breasts... and then parts... some thighs/legs & wings.  We made eavy-duty packets to hold the stuffing that would normally have been IN the bird.  Left open on top with breast set on top.  Could still baste without stuffing getting drowned.  Ended up with lots of good brown "gunk" in...