or Connect

Posts by CurtisPNW

Sparkie Crazy busy the past several months, and now almost nothing, time to rest and get back to pizza dough, I did a little research online and after reading about sheeting,  cold pressing, hot pressing and tossing, tossing turns out the most tender and unique crusts, also checked out several videos on tossing pizza, and am excited to learn skills to become a expert tosser some day, going to have to teach a couple of other cooks too, looking forward to dumping the...
Have been very busy, and finally got a slow week and tried out both of these formulas with success, the french bread hoagies we used for grinders, for a lunch special, and the pizza dough for a group with 35 pizza's, my boss commented that the french bread was the kind of bread that makes some restaurant's famous, and he is hard to please, the pizza's turned out very good, but a totally different animal than what I have been using, I use a 14 in presheeted pizza dough,...
A salesman told me about the roll be damaged by dropping etc. etc. or being to close to heat etc. etc., problem is I don't believe everything a salesman tells me, I believe that the plastic wrap turns out that way because the companies that make it, don't give a sh*t, and if you throw away one roll you just have to buy another, all brands are the same, they all suck
Buy whole white pepper, grind it in a coffee grinder, kind of a different animal than white pepper already ground, which always smelled like the barnyard to me, the other thing about already ground white pepper, start using it and someone always sneezes I also have never heard of a recipe for salt and pepper
Sorry a little late for Mothers Day, hope it was a good one for you, We also used muffin tins, spray with a little no stick, and just throw in the convection steamer, they cook fairly quickly, just scoop them out with a small rubber spat.
Wow, what a thread, took about three days to get it all read,  What I hate is someone in corporate looking to punch their ticket, is making decisions about your operation, when they have never even visited the location, or even met the people who work there. I have to agree with earlier post about carts, our banquet room is upstairs from the kitchen and all the carts are always up there each one with something on it, pitchers, flatware etc. etc. or are in place to be...
nebraskabeef My comment to your employer would be, assuming your serve Mid west corn fed beef, some of the best tasting, highest quality beef in the world, why would you want to serve it with any thing made with liquid margarine, possibly one of the lowest quality fats you could use? A comment about canola oil, I used to use in the fryers, because I thought it was good for you until reading about it on line, search it and read about it, you may want to never use it...
I use pure olive oil, not virgin, to much olive flavor, sometimes you have to try different brands of pure olive oil to get one with a mild flavor, or one you can afford, I also like to finish with butter, and have been called on it by some old Italian woman, who says you don't mix butter and olive oil, who care's what she says, I like the way it tastes
Chef Ross I live near Seattle, and I can't even trust Sysco to deliver fresh fish to me, I like Sysco, they do a great job with produce and groceries, but my best luck with fish is a company called Pacific Seafood, you can keep fresh fish for a full week after it is delivered, They might be able to ship to Michigan, they have a web site, check it out.
The ACF can do many things for your career, a certification, would tell an employer you are serious about what you do, and maybe you might get a job instead of someone else who doesn't,  The ACF has done a lot for the position of chef, changing it from just one of the staff to a professionally recognized position, having said that, I spent some time on and off as a member and did not become certified, hasn't hurt my career. The thing that disappointed me was, the...