or Connect

Posts by CurtisPNW

49 years old, my wrist hurt sometimes, I try not to carry my pans full of food in a way that makes them hurt, (like one handed over my head), also stopped pushing the walk in door open with my foot, I think its helping, Most heart attack cases are caused by stress and probably over drinking, I lost some weight, lift wieghts, ride a mountain bike, swim, eat only real food, starting making big batches of lentils, quinoua, vegetables, and take to work for lunch, I feel...
Pete, no need to apologize, food for fifty sounds like a book I'd like own, I am a used book guy and will be keeping my eyes open for it. Thanks Sparkie, I have group I make pizza for on a regular basis, 35 14in pizza's, your formula should work just about right, what kind of yeast, wet or dry
Thanks Pete, looks like great resourses, not really what I am looking for, Looking for something used by professional bakers, like maybe college textbook, pastry school textbook, I understand maybe a professional baker or pastry chef may not want to give up his formulas to a chef, they may think I need to earn it, and I understand that, years ago at culinary school I got to spend 6 weeks with the commercial baking dept., did a wedding cake and learned how to make some...
Does anyone have a source or a book to buy, that has formula's for 50 or more servings, I have some baking experience, I do a lot of catering and quality frozen product for desserts is limited, I also do a lot of custom menus with requests for theme desserts, I would also like a formula for pizza dough and a dough I could make french bread hoagies with.
Nothing beats ceramic tile floor, I had similar concrete floor problems, over time concrete can absorb a lot of grease, and it seems to come out forever after trying to paint, treating with acid takes off the top layer but doesn't go deep enough, you dont have to have expensive tile, but it does cost to have it installed, in the long run it will cost much less than trying anything else, because you will end doing it over and over again, and live with a floor that hard to...
Good luck, I have been in 30 years, tried to get out once, lasted about 5 minutes.
I have many of these stories,and also love to hear them, but this is my fav, and didnt even happen to me, was told to me by someone I worked with, It goes like this, At this long lived restaurant with an open kitchen and counter with chairs, they made steak tartar, when ever they got an order for one the cook who was making it yelled out I need a fastball and someone at the other end of the line would pick up a whole onion and throw it down the line, one evening when the...
I have used both henckel and wusthof 8 in, classic, I think the wusthof holds an edge longer