or Connect

Posts by KatrinaS

The ONLY place within a reasonable driving distance to me that offers any type of Culinary courses is a local vocational school.   Here is the link to the culinary page: http://voc.leeschools.net/program_detail.asp?ID=19   They do have two locations. North and Central. Central is closest (10 minutes drive, even with traffic) and the other is about a 30-40 minute drive to Cape Coral.   Opinions please!   The only other school close to me is a couple of...
I've been cooking for a long time, but finally realized this is what I love and want to do. Probably not professionally, but I really like spending my time in the kitchen.   Well, I have a set of pots/pans. They are WearEver Freedom 18/8 Stainless Steel. We got a knife set with the pots & pans, but they are kinda crappy. The blade keeps coming out of the handle of one of them. Yet, my Mom refuses to trash it. If I ever get a chance, that bugger is gone!   And a...
Thanks for the welcomes!! I love Food Network! I have to fight for the remote at times just so I can watch something. Luckily we have a DVR if I don’t get to. But, every once in a blue moon, the boyfriend will let me watch something. Then I have to stop watching it and go cook or bake the man something!! Usually it some kind of dessert! I’m the only cook in the home, so I do practice cooking … A LOT. But, there are things I don’t know how to do or that my Mom could...
Hello!! My name is Katrina. I live in Florida. I'm 22.   Our home was always filled with the smell of something on the stove or in the oven. I remember once, when my Mom had broke her hip, she was standing in the kitchen on one leg with a crutch under her arms. I grew up with lots of Southern home cooking.   I'm hoping to go to culinary school soon. I enjoy trying new things. While my family is very picky, I'm open to just about anything.   I love to collect...