or Connect

Posts by chef1962

I'll  tell you good one.One time when i was young i called in sick (HUNG- OVER) on a carving station, so chef, I guess,  had to stay that night and carve.Next morning I came in as scheduled. Now i know the Exec. Chef does not pick up steamship rounds.He has stewards and a kitchen crew to do that.So chef calls me into the walk-in to help him with one.Well i open the purchasing walk-in door and the purchasing agent, the F&B,Banquet Chef,Sous Chef and the G.M. are in the...
That is what i am talking about real fat yeh!
Nicely said my brother.I have worked in it since before food possessors.30 years.I use to say "i will see them go out of business paying me" but now I MUST WORK FOR MYSELF eh.Cheers
that is because you where going to the walk in with your idea and then chef told you his idea and you forgot what you where doing ha ha
The chef is the one that brings professionalism  to the kitchen.
You must love what you do.This is a self-disciplined  job there will never be some one to tell you to much salt or pepper.
China cap with coffee filters, an apron tied around a pot.Cheers
We do not unless it is cost related.One thing i did not see is protein fats like rendered chicken beef fats.This would be ideal.Real butter is black market butter from the farmer.ask one.The health dept. will not allow this be used in kitchens now because it is not pasteurized 
I actually worked in Va. Beach.Seafood martinis on the back of the boat.I used molasses and mango puree citrus mix.Think cerviche  Cheers
Over used and stop using it.It was a  tread for awhile but know it is done.Get with the times.Your food should change with the seasons and trends.Cheers