or Connect

Posts by ColoradoGirl

Thank you so much everyone!   I wasn't sure if anyone would reply to me and I'm so appreciative to hear from all of you!   I agree with the "co-chef" thing not being a good idea, but the ad I first responded to was for executive chef, not sous, and I think ChefDave11 is exactly right about them not wanting to offend the other chef that had been here a while.  Corporate job posting, management level interview.  And the initial phone inquiry led me to believe,...
Hi everyone, Help!! I'm struggling with a situation as the new chef, in a two-chef privately owned year round remote lodge operation.  I've been here 3 months, and the senior chef has been here just over a year.  We prepare b,l,d almost daily, share the "work load" and are more or less equals, according to our boss, although the other chef is the "decision maker, order placer, and menu maker" due to seniority, because "somebody has to be in charge". I am very...
Not sure I did this right, and if I am posting in the right place to reply to you, but thank you kaneohegirlinaz!  I appreciate the feedback and encouragement.  I looky-looed around quite a bit today, even saw an ugly banter about poaching beef.  Whew!  I could see everyone's perspective, but it really got out of hand! I was in Hawaii once, and see why you miss it.  My mom lives near Tubac, you aren't far away from there. Looking forward to this...
Just discovered this site and it looks like there's a lot of great information here!  I really want to become a private chef but am having a difficult time breaking into the private sector.  Advice anyone? Thank you!