or Connect

Posts by KirkB

Hi lentheman - this particular recipe comes form an Ontario farmers cookbook in Canada.
I'm not much of a big eater when it comes to breakfast - I'm a fan of a mixed bowl of fresh fruit, a few slices of cheese and a strong cup of coffee. At least during the week that is, come the weekend I love to go out for brunch (so not technically breakfast) but the sky is the limit... from the greasy spoon breakfast to a triple stack of yogurt pancakes with a fresh fruit compote ad usually I like to wash it all down with a chocolate milkshake... ya I know, I...
I have gotten into the habit of using gloves anytime I am handling raw ground meats - I don't know why, I just feel better knowing that I can get my hands really in there when mixing and don't have to worry about scrubbing away little bits of raw ground beef (or pork or veal) from under my nails.
Hi Zojison - not sure where you are hailing from but I don't really know how else to explain it - here is a link to some pictures of the different types of apples: http://typesofapples.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/types_of_apples.jpg
I tend to use a few different ones - usually what ever looks good. The last time I made it I used a mix of Golden Delicious, McIntosh, and Granny Smith. For the apples that are to be added at the end I used McIntosh. 
I have/had the same problem. My glasstop range warped all my pans. I have since moved and have a new range (non glass top) and the new pans I purchased are fine. I don't think the glasstops evenly distribute the heat, and will warp all kinds of cookware, no matter the material or grade.
This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes:     Ingredients:   2-½ lb Pork loin 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper 1/4 cup vegetable oil 8 thin slices prosciutto, chopped 3 white onions, chopped 5 cloves garlic, minced 2 cups Apple Cider, unsweetened 1 tsp crumbled dried rosemary 1/2 tsp dried sage 5 apples, peeled and thickly sliced 3 cups diced peeled rutabaga 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped 1/2 cup...
I always purchase clover leaf solid white albacore tuna in water and have never *knock on wood* had a problem with it. From what I understand all tuna is now shipped to China to be processed and canned - I'm not sure if this is 100% fact or just speculation, but perhaps your brand has ended up in a cheap Chinese cannery, hence the odd taste and small bones.

Thanks Petals!