or Connect

Posts by WannaBGourmande

I bought the e-version for the CoolReader on my phone. Not only are the pictures gorgeous, but Chang gives a genuine narrative in the book. It's like he is just sitting with you at a Noodle Bar in New York, just BS-ing with you. He drops the f-bomb every once in awhile; makes you think you're talking to a real Chef, and not just the writer of a cookbook. We studied him pretty extensively in Art Culinaire(one of my classes at Culinary School) and he's still one of my...
So I'm decently new to the Culinary game and people(not Chefs) hear I'm a Chef and they always ask the same question: "What's your specialty"?   Am I an idiot because I have absolutely no idea what that even means? Sure, I have certain techniques that I like to use and certain things that I like to make, but I think that the question of a 'specialty' is something that you've been doing so long, you're kind of famous/known for it. I always just reply "I don't know...
I actually inherited my great-grandpa's butcher knife set. They're Rogers brand? The full 8-pc set, complete with carver/slicer, 8" Chef, utility, parer, boner...etc. They're like 70 years old at this point and are still pretty dang sharp. One of the Chefs at my work suggested I buy some new ones, but I'm REALLY attached to these guys, considering they're an heirloom. Gotta go down to Ambrosi Brothers soon and get 'em sharpened, actually...