or Connect

Posts by EverydayGourmet

@eastshores, Publix also, has a premium brand called Genova which is yellow fin in olive oil from Italy as a bogo, but not very often, that comes out to a buc a can.
Corned Beef Confit.   Anyone ever try to confit corned beef? Had a wild hair up my ass yesterday, had a whole brisket that was cured/corned broke it down and removed almost all the fat and decided to bake it. So I had a bunch of cured beef fat and had a brief thought about trying to make a lardo from it then just decided to cook it down potential for the dog. As it was cooking I added water and then it hit me, beef schmaltz!, why not? So added an onion, black pepper and...
pastrami jerky and pastrami meatball sliders for bits and bobs, dry cured homemade pastrami, baked corned beef, Guinness braised corned beef, baked cabbage, braised cabbage, bubble and squeak, roasted roots all with homemade Guinness horseradish mustard, oh yeah and plenty of mothers milk and hard tack.    
Thanks guys, am familiar with the cut you refer to, think I'm leaning toward the round.
Thanks Luc_H!,appreciate the history and "family tree" but looking for someone that has tried this and what they learned and the success and problems encountered but again I certainly appreciate your responses.    Cheers,  EDG
My "mother-in-law" god bless her, Ukrainian, from the old country made "varenyky" all the time, what I noticed was the texture of her dough, pretty sticky and elastic like no pasta dough I ever made. She used cream cheese in her dough. You can use regular pasta dough but the texture will be different, they won't freeze as well and may not hold up to being browned as well imo.   Welcome to CT!           EDG
Purslane, dandelion, burdock, milkweed and cattails pop immediately into mind, probably my favorites?, purslane and dandelion, grows everywhere tastes great and we use it sautéed on steak or with broccoli rabe and spinach.
Thanks for the responses, am familiar with fermenting sausages and Bastirma beyond sounding phonetically similar to Pastrami, they have very little in common. Bastirma is the tenderloin or round, hung and dried in a casing of fenugreek and garlic, among other spices. Pastrami, however, is made from corned (cured) beef Brisket that is smoked. Looking for the texture of Bresola with the taste of Pastrami.
  Had an idea and am planning to try air drying pastrami (think Bresola) and have searched here and on other charcuterie groups I'm a member of also searched the ole inter-web and haven't found ANY info / how-to / don't-do-this-because etc.     Has anyone here tried it before? have any experience / success / failures?  
I'd bring the numbers up to remind the owners and push for your own pay increase, believe it or not that will also empower you on a cerebral level with the owners. Some seem to have convenient tunnel vision and will gloss over increased productivity by rationalizing "making up" for past losses / poor performance.   It will also set a tone for how they see you, are you valuable to them?, did/do they recognize what you are doing for the "team"?, are you just a replaceable...