or Connect

Posts by EverydayGourmet

Use Twitter, Face book and You-Tube easy and free.   Good luck!, let us know how it's going for your event.   Cheers!     EDG
Have been a technologist for some time and started to dabble in M_G, was really impressed with the precision which it demands. Had to adjust the ph of my favorite Balsamic Vinegar to successfully create my first spheres.   Thought myself reasonably well versed in the dark arts of high end technical "cooking" and found M_G to be a very humbling experience, as I learned how much I didn't know or maybe more accurately recognize and or pay attention to. Personally like the...
This w/e's experiment, Jamaican Curry, Jerk and Kimchee smoked chicken thighs. Marinaded overnight, on the smoker for about 1 1/2 hrs using mesquite and hickory @ 250+ finished @ 350 for about 20 minutes to temp. Pleased with the results.     Jamaican Curry on top and Kimchee chicken ready for the smoker   Jamaican Jerk ready for the smoker Kimchee on top Curry on the bottom, skin side down after about an 1 1/2hrs Skin side up Kimchee on the L Jamaican...
Thanks @oldschool1982!, I ran 2 hrs for the first batch @ about 225+/-, casings were a little tough so I threw them on the grill to crisp the skins. Probably go 200 tops, for about an hr then finish on the grill. My wife thought they were to smokey, what does she know,   Going to smoke some chicken thighs this w/e, kimchee, jerk and curry
Then maybe a little something interesting I can share, in another life we were business consultants specializing in turn around from chap 11 and distressed funding, lss, we had to submit our plan or at least an outline to the BOD and their legal, found out on more than one occasion they stole our plan or portions thereof. So since 95 we started to copyright ALL communications including proposals, contracts, email etc AND have sued and won. Remember copyright is one of the...
Hey "Chum", on of the best business models and set ups I've seen is 12 Bones in Asheville NC, (no affiliation for the record), they have won national acclaim since 07,' they're only open from11-4+ 5 days a week, and every time I've been there they've been packed! Personally think it genius. Seems like they smoke @ night for the next day as they do turkeys as well as brisket which take along time. Agree with the others here, would NOT some en mass once or twice a week,...
Interesting question!, found it to be a matter of where your personal and professional time-line is. At first think we all strive for or were directed to duplicate a recipe, consistently. After you gain more experience that begets confidence and ability think "we" wanted to see if we could duplicate while improving the original, I did so while making a lot of mistakes! Then you get one or two or more right that people like, then you think, hey! this is good $hi+!, people...
    Hot Italian sausage on the L Fresh Brats on the R
Sincere condolences for Pete's family God Speed, God Rest, God Bless
sounds great, simple easy dish. IME grilled calamari doesn't hold to well so would grill as close to service as possible. Grilled shrimp should take about as much time as the calamari, the difference is you still have to slice the calamari so careful not to over cook the shrimp. 25 plates as a second course you're looking at a little over 6lbs of seafood if you have the grill space done and plated in about 10 minutes. re the extra flavor try a little high quality fish...