or Connect

Posts by zoebisch

Dolmas, what's your take on them?
A little REM, been tempted to dip back into some Mars Volta. I was listening to some of my recordings last night and analyzing it.
I'd absolutely agree.    Also, with the method that was used, it's a little tricky to recognize the shades of color and amount of how done they are through the process.  Even if you have constant low heat, they will hit a point where one second they are perfect and the next moment is too late.  Even though they'll look brown (it's certainly shades of brown we're talking about) they'll taste burnt. I've had this happen with chicken skin cracklings.  It's not as precise of...
seafood and cheese is obviously the devil.
Exactly what chefedb says.  I'll add one thing I like to do is chop up your ground meat even finer with a spatula/whatever in the pan when you are cooking it.  I find the finer texture much easier to eat on top of a hotdog as opposed to large clumps.  Just a preference thing, but I thought I'd share. 
Hey that's a pretty cool idea (no pun intended?)
Maybe, maybe not :D.  You just have to see what happens.  I'm sure others have done it.  Every time that I preserve or immerse something in a neutral spirit the results can be as expected or often totally different than what I was anticipating.  This will change over time and is a temperature sensitive process (higher temperatures accelerate these changes, lower ones impede...in general).  So the best thing is to experiment and when you nail it, record what you did. ...
Hmm, never used this technique exactly.  I have spooned the hot fat on top though. 
If you have a sufficient supply, why not consider marketing it online? Not sure if it's worth your while or not...   As to the sausage, I've personally never been fortunate to have any of the wood so cannot offer anything there. I would just do an experiment and try grilling maybe some chuletas over it.  Worst case, your out a few chops...
Dang.  Didn't realize they were that far along.  I really have a hard time buying into this being a panacea for solving demand.  If I have learned one thing as a system engineer is that you have to account for every step and input along the way and it being a more efficient method is a hard sell.  You need power, labs, equipment, etc, etc.  Although my friend did say he has seen the miles of robotically tended hydroponic greenhouses in AZ that grow nothing but tomatoes. ...