or Connect

Posts by zoebisch

So what is stopping you is the unknown?  The only way you will ever know is to do. If that door closes, knock on another.
I think I just felt something slippery in my hand and heard a "sssssst" real quick, and the pan handle slid out.   Heheh, also keep a potholder or DRY towel on the handle of the pan as this helps avoid somebody accidentally grabbing the hot handle.  
So the binding agent, but do you know what the coating is? Processed food interests me, mostly from a cultural aspect.
My disclaimer is that my restaurant days were in the past (heading back though) so take it fwiw.  I don't think it would be a loss at any rate.  You have the kitchen experience and broadening that into a very apropos realm of food could prove very desirable on a resume to the right restaurant.  Personally though, I don't really like the idea of living life with restrictions like what it could mean in the future as there is a chance I might not exist here tomorrow....so...
I would imagine something like hydrolized vegetable protein is in there to get the heavy amino acid response in the flavor.  My thoughts on replicating fast food stuff: don't bother.  You're up against a team of scientists who formulate these things.  You can come close but in the end the effort is not worth it....much easier to just go buy one.  I make my own veggie patties but I just went out on my own way to make them with the goal of making a healthy, quick and...
My thoughts on this as well.    Juicy is a mainly a function of cooking method. When learning where to stop the cooking process, a good probe style thermometer is not a bad idea.  Stab it down into the thigh but don't hit the leg bone (or the reading will be off from the meat itself).  The real trick is managing to have the thigh get to just cooked without the breast overcooking (usually not a problem on smaller chickens but the there are some behemoths out there).  What...
Oats and a good ranged diet will do this.  I always gave my chickens and ducks whole oats.  The yolks were pretty much orange. It's a visual adjustment for some, especially when you make mayo with them. :D  The eggs will also gain the aroma/flavor of the water and feed if those are strong.  Like the eggs in Guatemala City I had at a small place smelled just like the open sewer water the hens were drinking...lovely.
This is very important.  Normally our kids were (and still are) well behaved in a public setting.  For the most part the place to correct is not when you are out but at home at the dinner table/etc (learned that from my wife).  When on occasion, they would act up while out, I would quietly remove them to a private place and talk to them or if they needed let them calm down.  I cringe when I am at a restaurant and a kid is there screaming and carrying on and the parents...
That's why chickens and compost win. :D   One other idea, although for the time investment it's hardly beneficial seeing it is so cheap...but for the conscience and to be able to do it you can grind the potatoes into a water bath, strain out the pieces and let the starch settle.  When it compacts, pour off the water and then add a little fresh water and one more strain into a clean cup.  Again when it compacts, pour off the rest of the water and then let it dry...
Last night was shrimps in lobster sauce over stir fried pak-choy tips with black tree fungus, steamed white rice, pork shu mai, steamed red bean buns for dessert.