or Connect

Posts by zoebisch

Not in that alcohol, no you should not be getting fermentation.  Release the pressure and reseal them and see what they do.  Lactobacillus can only tolerate up to around 8%.  You'll know if a pellicle begins to form on the surface.  In straight Vodka, I really doubt it.   Sorry my brain was tripping...
Indeed, that's kind of the "safe separate area" is what I meant by that.  And even then it's not a guarantee against raptors!
Hello bob16, welcome!   I would say just start by shifting your lifestyle to less meat and more grains, vegetables and fruits.  Unless you have a very clear cut reason for going completely vegetarian (so many rules...eating out and at the homes of others can be a pain, etc) then it's tough, at least the way I see it because you are drawing lines in the sand.  As for the nutritional aspect, you can log what you eat on a website like www.livestrong.com if you get an...
Yeah, goes under the guise of "Pimento" if I recall. 
Tofu is a very neutral taste on the scheme of things.  More of a vehicle to carry flavor for the most part.  I'll add that a great way to press it (and other things) is to get two stainless steel or pyrex loaf pans (SS preferably because the stack closer so that the bottoms of the pans are in close contact) and then throw a canned food or two on top and set it in the fridge a few hours, or overnight...no rush, but it's better to use the firm to begin with for the...
Like a clamshell. I imagine you could use just about any container (I did it with two plastic cups) but I think the stainless is both easier to clean and the hardness of the surface is important. 
Thanks guys! :D
A Chef's Prayer Let me create with the knife and flame draw down blood from the slaughter capture it and make it an offering back to life black and satisfying mysteriousness of my soul rising to meet the challenge it brings grain from grass held in my hand brushed by in the fields of eternity harvested and shaped into crackling loaves in the depths of hell anointed with the nectar of the grass life from the sun vicious winds and soothing...
Had that once and it was by far once too much for my tastes. 
There is nothing worse than feeling incomplete or unsatisfied in your work period.  Mundane and menial, every job has them.  You take them for what they are.  It's really a growth process of the soul and if you come to the place where you feel you need to "do or die" you must make a decision.   A year though isn't terribly long.  Just don't pigeonhole yourself.  Also ask yourself what it is that you are missing?  I am guessing that losing the ability to be creative in...