or Connect

Posts by zoebisch

I learned something cool recently.  You take two small stainless bowls, throw the garlic cloves in and shake like mad for a minute or two and that is sufficient to eject the clove from the peel.  It doesn't seem to cause much surface trauma either.  Great if you are prepping a ton by hand.  I am not sure how it would work with fresh hardneck but with standard aged supermarket softneck it works like a charm.  I was amazed :D
Not to worry, that's certainly a doable thing even at maximum occupancy.  I would say that although your plans are ambitious, you'll be able to pull it off with a pretty short integration time frame.  Think about it, you'll be making breakfast for a few extra people.  I agree in keeping it simple but moreover if the situation were to allow, get up very early, collect fresh ingredients from the local markets and/or garden if you have one and in no time flat you should be...
I don't think moisture is the issue but lack of anything binding it really.
In much of the Northeast deciduous forests you can find them growing very tall (30 to 40' roughly).  They get very sparse in fruit because they are competing for light mostly.
In that case, just wait until completely cool and then thin it a touch with water. Do this slowly (I mean add the water slowly and sparingly or you'll go back to square one) and wisk it in.  You'll need only very little.  Use cold water so you don't get a false consistency once you get it all cold again!  I hope that makes sense, so as an adjustment if you need it, that's the route that will probably best suite your goals.  Try it with your current batch if you have one. 
In a pinch, slightly thin down regular mayo with a touch of rice vinegar (or the like) and add a small bit of confectioners sugar and just a tiny pinch of MSG.  It will be very close...good enough for going on Okonomiyaki.  As for the idea that it's "better" is all relative.  I prefer from-scratch mayo over anything. 
It pays to be reputed as the "best restaurant" in the world.  I would love to sample Rene's cuisine.  To give you an idea
If I recall that pulp tends to be pretty thick.  I am not sure what you mean that it gets caramelized as it cools down (that happens while you are cooking)?  Are you saying it over-thickens or are you saying you get browning when you are cooking?  If the latter, try a double boiler or you can attempt a thickening agent like corn starch, clear gel or for room temperature applications one of the "Ultra-Tex" starches should do the trick. 
Chervil is kind of in the same family of flavors as Anise, Tarragon, etc., it's actually in the Parsley family.  Just a little more 'refined' I'd call it.  Plus it's wicked pretty/elegant when it's fresh. 
How about, pound the cutlets thin and then a bound crust of chopped Almonds or Filberts?  A Cherry Coulis (pit and then simmer them briefly, a touch of salt and maybe a tad bit of sugar if you need it, stick blend, chinois, reduce to target consistency) and maybe a crumbling of fresh goat cheese and a garnish of a green herb minced, (flat leaf parsley would be safe, but maybe tarragon or chervil would be interesting).  Side it with something like a wild rice pancake and...