or Connect

Posts by zoebisch

Thanks for the write-up, if we ever get to that area, I'll be sure to drop in there with my partner.   Go!   I do a lot of cooking over Oak, we have the woods full of it actually on our property.  I did a pig roast like that, 75 lbs dressed, butterflied, overnight in Cuban Mojo and then racked (made it out of rebar).  I dug a pit and used rocks to complete the structure.  I got the fire going with charcoal (then collected into the 4 corners indirect method) and then fed...
Aside from the nuance of the freezing, storing, etc...you just might be incredibly sensitive to some of the aspects of the meat itself.  Perhaps iron?  Since the meats you list are not exclusively beef, I am going to say that you should look into that.  Does this happen when you have a meat dish out or at a friends?  The only other thing I would wonder is how long do you freeze your meats for typically prior to consumption?  Given that you rarely eat meat, I would...
I was curious (I have seen some interesting Indian egg dishes before).  After digging a little (I think the spelling is what got messed) it kind of looks like the history of the dish may be rooted in Tunisian/African cooking and the roots translate quite well to some of the regions of India that lean heavily on the Tomato. Another link (in Spanish but the author basically reiterates the Tunisian roots) to confirm.
In the not too distant past the conversation would have asked: Olive Oil, Clarified, Tallow, Lard, Schmaltz? Ironically avoiding the Trans fat issue fairly much altogether....(except for modern hydrogenated Lard/etc)
Very interesting, denaturing the enzyme, I like it.  Does this alter the flavor (I am guessing at that low of a temperature no)?  I would imagine you don't keep them terribly long, but on average how long before discoloration using this method? I am really liking this idea and my wheels are turning...
Whoops (just looked) hah!
Without looking....80?  
I think as well that even properly prepared Fugu has trace amounts of toxins in it.  Interestingly I was just looking up some more info on it and according to some articles, apparently the Japanese can now raise toxin-free pufferfish but due to lingering fears the liver is still illegal in most places.
I can't understand how anyone could find that stuff even remotely appealing.  I'd rather have just a sprinkle of coarse salt and a squeeze of lemon if it comes to it (which with some really great Extra Virgin Olive Oil it becomes awesome). I mean that stuff is just nasty. It looks like somebody barfed on the salad. Same reason I am opposed to thicken agents like xanthan gum in my hot sauce, which is why for a standard table hot sauce Louisiana is my go-to: Peppers,...
It's a classic example of commercialization and the distance between the consumer and authenticity (or at least the goal of authenticity).  There are usually very good reasons why there are even classic dishes to begin with.  Caesar is one of those and the way I see it, do it right or don't, it's that simple. I really hate the idea that because somebody decided to put something on a menu that people have become accustomed to a deprived experience.  Make it right, charge...