or Connect

Posts by no10x

by "fair pay" i mean getting paid what the girl next to me is getting paid. for doing the same amount of work. I start my shift when the others start and I leave when they leave.   I don't understand how youo jumped to conclusions.....but I will clarify.  he is a MANAGER. he is NOT a CHEF. he had nothing to do with the planning, creating, tasting of the menu. His duties are  scheduling and payroll and ordering materials.... As I said, there is no CHEF currently...
no such thing as fairness in earning what your colleagues are earning for doing the same work, maybe better? I'm curious why you think that...   He's actually not the chef, the kitchen currenly does not have an exec. chef...he is just the manager.   I come across very passive and quiet and I don't want him to think he can just pay me little under "you're training" when i'd say after the first week I was left alone....
hi, no he was very vague "after training you'll get the regular pay" and I know it is my fault for not being assertive and asking exactly when that would be....    
Hi,  I just started working at a restaurant as a prep cook. In the past i have worked the cold line, the hot line, pastry, and prep.   Anyway, they are paying me 9/hr for this "training period"....the thing is, I am not sure how to ask the manager, or rather tell him that I expect my next paycheck to be the regular hourly, as I am working equally as the other prep cook...under limited to no supervision...   How could I ask him this without sounding arrogant or...