or Connect

Posts by AZFoodie

Thank you French Fries.
Michael - the inspiration for the chermoula comes from the following link:   http://gardenamateur.blogspot.com/2010/05/chermoula.html   However, I modify the recipe as follows:   2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped  Double this amount 1/2 teaspoon salt  Also adjust as needed 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley 3 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)  Also include tender stalks chopped fine 2 teaspoons paprika  1tsp paprika + 2 tsps low-heat but bright colored...
Michael - thank you for the detailed response.  In the past, I've use chermoula as a marinade for salmon and then had the salmon grilled.  So rather than using a conventional marinade from another culture, I am trying to figure out if I can use the same principles of chermoula, but with more Asian-flavored ingredients.   For example - in Indian cuisine there is a mint-cilantro chutney, which I have made several times in the past.  So maybe start out with cilantro and...
I've made chermoula previously and used it with seafood.  Cilantro, parsley, paprika, lemon, cumin, etc. etc.  Is there an Asian equivalent for chermoula?  Has anyone tried some combinations - what worked?  what didn't work??  Maybe lemongrass?  garlic?  ginger? cilantro? Any thoughts/suggestions??  Thank you.
Mass production of hor mok.....  
This is what I just had for dessert....after a late lunch....  
.....except mine was roasted.  A little scorched, but tasty and very moist nonetheless!!  Thanks to the tips and discussions in this forum, I can now roast a spatchcocked chicken in my sleep!  
Thank you all for your input.  I want to try the slow cooker this time - maybe I'll try it overnight on low.  The slow cooker is about 4 years old and has a 5 or 6 qt capacity.  I think Phatch is right that some liquid will develop during the cooking process, but I think it will be fully contained within the banana leaf-aluminum foil package.  So even if I add liquid, it would not be in contact with the meat.  I may throw in some onions at the bottom just for grins.  Thx.
As my next experiment, I would like to try making cochinita pibil.  I'll make a citrusy garlicky marinade and marinade (let's not do the marinade/marinate think again!) some pork shoulder overnight.  Then wrap in banana leaves and foil.  I would like to place these packages in a slow cooker on "high" and roast overnight.  So not really braising in the slow cooker.  Will that be ok or do I need to add some liquid just to make sure that the ceramic container in the slow...