or Connect

Posts by jte1130

Welcome Mr. McGee. I'm a bit disappointed because I'll be getting a copy of your book for Christmas so its not in my hands as of yet. I look forward to reading the postings this week though.
For that amount of cooking time do the berries disintigrate? I was left with some solid but soft berries and some that were total mush.
The probe thermometer worked great. The turkey came out perfectly cooked. Thanks to all for the suggestions and recommendations.
It goes against everything a cooking lover believes in but I've always been partial to cranberry sauce that comes out shaped like the can. :blush: This year I decided I would forgo my favorite cranberry sauce and make my own. It smelled great. Tasted wayyyyyy too tart though. Where did I go wrong? Or did I not go wrong at all. Is homemade cranberry sauce naturally tart? The recipe was as follows: 1/2 pound fresh cranberries 1 tablespoon grated orange zest 1...
That makes total sense, I didn't look at it that way. No boiling necessary, lol. Ok, I'll go for the thigh. Thanks for all the help.
Ok, I thought I was losing it. :crazy: Last questions about the probe. I think I've picked your brain enough. In the instructions they say it should be sterilized before each use. Is boiling it the way to go? When using it on a turkey, where is the best place to put it? Somewhere in the breast I would imagine?
I just picked up the Polder probe thermometer, $24.95 model. Am I missing something or is the only way to turn it totally off is to remove the battery?
Cool. I'm surprised there hasn't been an official review up yet. Can't wait to read it.
I recently bought an 8" Forschners chefs knife and love it. The price was right and its a great knife for the non-professional.
Offhand do you know which model Polder? I see there is a $24.95 model and one for a few bucks more.