or Connect

Posts by zojison

I usually just soak beans with a bit of baking soda, just about half a teaspoon. It's something my mother taught me, I didn't really ask why but I guess it has something to do with the PH too.
Wellcome co ChefTalk, Pizza cutter!   I'm sure you will find here tons of good advice and awesome recipes, dust like I do :)
Thank you :)   I will try the Egg Kurma later on today, though the eggs are not really poached... it looks great for a nice breakfast for two.
Well, only one song seems to suit this gloomy morning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE&feature=related  
I think I would just paint them all... I mean have all the bottles pained the same color (white, gray... or whatever) and then just use pain to mark them. Another layer of clear topcoat and you're good to go. Just make sure you use quality paint, and not something that will chip off when you wash the recipients.  
  Welcome to Chef Talk, Cookinonwheels. Nice to meet you. Good luck with your crepes truck, I would really like to try them if I was anywhere near New York :)
I don't think they actually gather the fruit when it's ripe, and even if they did, it wouldn't keep it's color if it wasn't "helped" by some food coloring and additives.   I did make some canned fruit mixes a few years ago to keep for a longer time (they also contained pineapple chunks), and I was very unhappy with the look of the final product. Because I used ripe fruits, it got a bit mushy, and in the process al the fruits lost their color: what in my mind should...
Hi'   Found this recipe, I was looking for one with the same dressing I remember tasting a couple of years ago when a friend of mine tried it. I only remember the dressing because the steak itself didn't turn out that great for my friend (a bit overcooked for my taste).
  I'm a bit curious about this, I tried to Google it and haven't found anything relevant. Could you please point me in the right direction, or give me the name of such a dish? I'd like to try something like this at some point (my drooling face says it will be sooner rather than later).   I love poached eggs, but I've always complained a bit about the lack of "variables" involved in the process.
I was really lazy last night, so I put together a rich and dry tuna salad with veggies, and used it as filling for some quick loompy tortillas.