or Connect

Posts by jillbhooch

Just shot you an e-mail...
I finally broke down and got a "real" machine....but yes I'd be more than willing to swap war stories and let you learn from my mistakes....
Thanks foodnfoto  I have a client that wants custom popsicles for an upcoming event - didn't seem like too hard of a request and we have some great recipe options but some of them are tending to have too large of ice crystals - we want the kind you get with the "not so fabulous grocery store kind" best explanation is "little slivers of ice crystals" instead of chunky icey ones (I am not explaining very well) but the ingredients I have seen in those store bought ones...
I tried guar gum but about half as much (same brand you have) and didn't notice a taste difference - but I also did not get the consistency I wanted - have you had any luck since this post?
I have some great recipes but I can not seem to get the right consistency for the popsicles (small delicate needles tightly layered on each other instead of larger ice crystals breaking apart)   I have read about stabilizers that help when making ice cream but not sure if that will help.   I'm using my home freezer so I am sure it is not cold enough and they don't freeze fast enough - so I had thought maybe freezing the mixture for 20-30 minutes then breaking...