or Connect

Posts by soignee

Thank you Luc_H!  I hadn't even thought of Wikipedia... 
Thank you so much!  I believe I can keep within those parameters!  
I'm wondering if anyone has any information, links or data on what temperature the flavor of Vanilla Beans begin to degrade?  I would like to use real Beans at high temperatures and wonder if there is a max temp before the flavor changes for the negative? TIA
Thanks Chef, walk in's have very low humidity, in the 20% range.  I am trying to increase the humidity to the 60-70% range, but only in a small area of the walk in.  Temperatures in the kitchen itself run 75-95 degrees (we have awesome ac!) which is too high to dry cure salami, sausages and the like.  Also, I don't think I was clear that I am getting ready to produce dry cured sausage etc... rather than dry age meats.  I am trying to avoid having to build a curing area or...
I would like to begin dry curing meats in our restaurant.  I am in SW Florida and my only option to cure is in a walk in.  It runs about 42 degrees on a consistent basis.  Any ideas on how to segregate an area of the walk in and maintain a 60-70 percent humidity level?  Space is not an issue, reconfiguring the space is an issue but I have several areas that allow me 3-4 feet in vertical space and horizontal space is unlimited.  Has anyone had experience with this issue? ...
To remove any bitterness.  
Try cutting the top off at the perf, turning the box around reinserting the cutter on what was the back of the box so that the film delivers from the bottom instead of the top.  This seems to help with the tearing issue.  
Thyme, Shallot and a bit of Garlic are steeped in a seasoned Cream/Butter mix then passed through chinois.  A nice Carolla or Yukon Gold goes through a food mill and mixed with the liquid.  The food mill really is essential for the proper texture.  Might get finished with a bit of White Truffle oil or some fresh Herbs.  
  This is your answer on floors.  You want them installed in as one piece and then seam welded.  I have worked in 2 units with this type flooring and they are the best as far as cleanup, performance, anti-slip and speed of install.   You will also want SS stock pots.  You can pay for them one time (SS) or pay for new ones every couple of years (aluminum).   Good Luck
  As previously mentioned, BE ON TIME (this means early).   I am not certain of your age, but you clearly sound like you are part of the "entitlement generation".  You are in the wrong business if you feel that your Chef needs to explain to you what upsets him.  It's his kitchen, YOU had better catch on quickly.  If you feel you are not being taught, it may be that you are not paying the proper attention to what is happening around you at work.  Your Chef has a myriad of...