or Connect

Posts by kingfarvito

I've done a few different versions of this    get order drop par-cooked (I use either whole fingerlings or quartered reds) potatoes in pasta water setup drop some bacon fat in a cold skillet, once the fat has melted your potatoes should be warm enough to add  keep the heat on medium and stir with a wooden spoon while adding the rest of your ingredients the potatoes should be warm through out and slightly mashed using this method.     I've done classic style potato...
The wild part is a bit of a stretch. when you see wild boar on a menu generally its a pig that is of a heritage breed, bred on a farm and released onto a giant estate and is allowed to go feral. still fine by the USDA standards, and still sort of wild. 
Let me get this straight...you burned yourself. You told your chef you were fine. Your chef tried to give you an ice pack and you didn't take it. Now you're upset that he did say he was sorry because you burnt yourself? Just so we're clear here generally when I get a burn like that, I keep working. When my co-workers get burns like that, they keep working. When my chef gets a burn like that he keeps working. The kitchen world is rough. we get cuts, we get burns, some of us...
I really hope you're not charging by the hour. 10 hours to prepare 7 meals, even at 3 courses seems like a lot of time. I would look into charging a fee per meal.
The only product that comes to mind is bourbon. For me personally its all about flavor. I can understand people getting angry about name theft though.
Sorry my phone won't let me quote. Right now I work sautee and am training to expo, I work with 7 burners. We put out a lot of risotto and pasta. A fish app and steak special every day. Pantry here does dessert and salad. We have a grill guy who also mans the wood oven. Just remember, what doesn't kill you....
We push 170-220 with 3 cooks and an expo, no prep cooks set your own station.
I'll second the pressure cooker, beautiful stocks with great mouth feel
no towel under them, the towel on top is plenty. Good luck!
Alright you got me there, I'm on my way back into real restaurant life I swear!