or Connect

Posts by kingfarvito

Sorry my phone won't let me quote. Right now I work sautee and am training to expo, I work with 7 burners. We put out a lot of risotto and pasta. A fish app and steak special every day. Pantry here does dessert and salad. We have a grill guy who also mans the wood oven. Just remember, what doesn't kill you....
We push 170-220 with 3 cooks and an expo, no prep cooks set your own station.
I'll second the pressure cooker, beautiful stocks with great mouth feel
no towel under them, the towel on top is plenty. Good luck!
Alright you got me there, I'm on my way back into real restaurant life I swear!
Ross,my phone wont let me quote, the country club I worked for has been running benedict for $10 for years. I was under the impression it was fairly common? Then again I don't go out to breakfast often.
I would just use the weight from your second picture, or a cast iron skillet, or a brick wrapped in foil, or a #10 can 1/4 full of cement, or a sheet tray with #10 can on it, or anything else moderately heavy.
If you don't ask the answer is always no. Getting in at a place like alinea at 17 could be great for your career, assuming you have the skill you seem to think you do.
I just bought the gesshin in carbon steel. I'm loving it.
I assume you're in the phx area? I am as well, and I've never even set foot in a culinary school. I've worked some nice places and have a trial coming up for one of the nicer places in the city. We're not all culinary graduates.