or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

from a neighbors farm...      Beef!  
I do the same thing for pizza as well. Direct on dry pan, lid on for a portion then finish crust open lid (if you need the extra time) Works great for thin crust to Chicago style. Reheating pulled pork, I put in a vacuum sealer bag and heat gently in a water bath. I've been doing this long before I got my sous vide. The most gentle, flavor and texture method I've found for reheating pulled pork and other bbq items. Good idea incorporating raising some foods, I'll...
    I would also add that sous vide isn't simply a way to prepare consistent meals ahead of time.  You have an opportunity to break down protein like no other method of cooking.  This gives you a variety of flavors and textures that weren't previously at your disposal...the creativity part is up to you.
    Hey Couture Cuisine,     I got the #8 and will be buying my medium plate.  It's a nice grinder...but I'm still surprised it didn't have the medium supplied with it.  On the note of a Kitchen Aid...I like my machine but the best advice I have is not to use it for a grinder or a stuffer...it's simply not the right tool for the job.  On that note...a grinder with stuffing tubes isn't the right tool for the job...get a dedicated stuffer...even the small cheaper ones do a...
     I would love to hear your experience on fried rice as well!  I do love it and have done much experimentation before coming up with something decent...I would look forward to hearing your thou8ghts.    Now, on to the question of Chinese Vs Japanese cuisine?  Too many differences...they're two different cuisines. Heck...it's even difficult to pick a favorite regional Chinese cuisine.      Dan
     You're jumping the gun...that Whirley Pop is a classic and makes perfect popcorn.  It sounds like you're using too high of heat.  I prefer to use as little oil as needed to pop my popcorn, using canola or corn most of the time for popping.  Then I'll use another oil to top.  Heated coconut oil, bacon grease, duck fat...I use these things as topping oil with far better results than heating them high enough, and long enough, to pop the kernels.  My favorite topping oil...
     If who dat is mentioning " they all have good andouille sausage, boudin, pickle meat, etc"...I'm guessing he's getting some nice andouille...just a hunch
    Who dat...     Kielbasa is what many people also call Polish Sausage.  Ekrich isn't a great example of a good Polish sausage and kindof has a flavor and texture very identifiable with their brands sausage.      If you're looking to add a smoky flavor to your gumbo, a hock, smoked turkey, or adding left over pulled pork or smoked rib meat out to be suffice.  Sometimes I'll smoke, or grill, some small game hens and stuff them with dirty rice and serve in a bowl of...
    There are no rules for gumbo...you use what is on hand and you use the techniques at hand,  That said...my favorite type of andouille is the type you'll find in LaPlace Louisiana.  It's simply a properly made hot pork link heavily smoked.  We usually make our own.  Are you buying prepackaged Kielbasa or andouille?  If you are...stop. Look for the various smoked sausages in the deli section.  If one grocery store doesn't have anything try to find another that...
     I use MAPP gas in my torch for not only soldering pipe, but also starting charcoal and blasting off foods.     Ask yourself the same set of questions for an oven/broiler that uses natural gas or propane