or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

This recipe has become a tradition of ours.  A few days before Easter, we get all the kids together coloring Easter eggs and eat this monkey bread afterwards.     I'm making it again this year...      Great dessert!
   Just thought I'd update    Thank you Kaneohegirl!   I was kind of surprised that I bought my Backwood that long ago.    The Bbq Guru arrived today!   I'm excited...but I'm at work so I'll have to wait until I get home, in the morning, to play with it.    Apprentice Chef...the Weber Smokey Mountain is certainly a solid smoker...nice choice.
   Just thought I'd update this little thread...I've been feeling compelled to purchase a Bbq guru.  I think for most cooks not having one is fine...but for longer (brisket) cooks I'd have a little piece of mind having the temperature control on there.  Anyways...BDL, you had a lot to do with me purchasing the smoker I did...and I haven't regretted the decision at all.  I just thought I'd give an update.     Take care all!     Dan
North Mississippi Allstars
    Thanks Snake!  It was a blast  
  Hmmmm, after reflecting on my previous statement...I believe it will be more difficult than I had thought to try this recipe once I got home.  I hope everything is okay, Tasunkawitko.       Ahhhh, I found your recipe...complete with pictures.  take care Tasun, you certainly had some good posts here.
      K-Girl, don't forgot you can go with a variety of  savory crepes.  Ham/asparagus/parmigiano, Ham/(fresh)Basil/Parmigiano, Mushroom/Bacon/herb, etc...etc.   Dan
   Oh my word!  First I look at Petals sushi and think I'll make the wife sushi tonight (thanks again Petals, you know what for (sushi)).  then I see JONO's sausage boil and think about the andoullie I have and want that...oh man that looks good!   What to do?      Nice job all!  (I can't believe some of the pictures everyone posts in this thread, the food looks amazing!)  
    Oh My!       I looked at your profile and didn't see your location.  Where is your store located?  The Reuben looks amazing!   Hooray food!   Dan
  Speaking of cracklin'...      We also stopped at Avery Island to tour the Tabasco plant.  While it wasn't a must see stop, it was nice to see...and took hardly no time out of the day.  But more importantly is stopping at Billy's Cracklin' and Boudin on the way out of town.  The cracklin' that they had was full thickness pieces of juicy succulent fatty goodness, like nothing I've ever had!  The Boudin was also out of this world, easily making me forget the last...