or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

thanks Kouk!      It was one that I always wanted to try too.  I would do a few things differently next time, starting with setting aside a little more time for myself...in the preparation.  Really fun dish though     take care>>>     Dan
   Here's one I did a while ago... (no problem if you aren't accepting past dishes...I really just thought I'd share a pic of this one...I had wanted to do this dish for a long time...it was a fun dish to try      Ham & Eggs - Uova da Raviolo over ham with au jus   I used some left over Berkshire ham and in its jus.  Then place the homemade ravioli (stuffed with cheese/yolk) on top of the ham.      
This recipe has become a tradition of ours.  A few days before Easter, we get all the kids together coloring Easter eggs and eat this monkey bread afterwards.     I'm making it again this year...      Great dessert!
   Just thought I'd update    Thank you Kaneohegirl!   I was kind of surprised that I bought my Backwood that long ago.    The Bbq Guru arrived today!   I'm excited...but I'm at work so I'll have to wait until I get home, in the morning, to play with it.    Apprentice Chef...the Weber Smokey Mountain is certainly a solid smoker...nice choice.
   Just thought I'd update this little thread...I've been feeling compelled to purchase a Bbq guru.  I think for most cooks not having one is fine...but for longer (brisket) cooks I'd have a little piece of mind having the temperature control on there.  Anyways...BDL, you had a lot to do with me purchasing the smoker I did...and I haven't regretted the decision at all.  I just thought I'd give an update.     Take care all!     Dan
North Mississippi Allstars
    Thanks Snake!  It was a blast  
      K-Girl, don't forgot you can go with a variety of  savory crepes.  Ham/asparagus/parmigiano, Ham/(fresh)Basil/Parmigiano, Mushroom/Bacon/herb, etc...etc.   Dan
   Oh my word!  First I look at Petals sushi and think I'll make the wife sushi tonight (thanks again Petals, you know what for (sushi)).  then I see JONO's sausage boil and think about the andoullie I have and want that...oh man that looks good!   What to do?      Nice job all!  (I can't believe some of the pictures everyone posts in this thread, the food looks amazing!)  
    Oh My!       I looked at your profile and didn't see your location.  Where is your store located?  The Reuben looks amazing!   Hooray food!   Dan