Posts by gonefishin

What a shame, I do love edamame   EdamameDishEdamame /ˌɛdəˈmɑːmeɪ/ or edamame bean is a preparation of immature soybeans in the pod, found in the cuisine of China, Japan, Korea and Hawaii. The pods are boiled or steamed and served with salt. Wikipedia Nutrition FactsEdamame, cookedEdamame, frozenEdamame, cooked  Amount Per 100 grams1 cup (155 g)1 cup (155 g)   Calories 189 % Daily Value* Total Fat 8 g 12% Saturated fat 1 g 5% Polyunsaturated...
       Hi Dagger!    I do love good olive oil...I'm looking forward to this new harvested olive oils that should be getting ready in the coming weeks.  I've tried the Olio Carli evoo before and wasn't to impressed.  If I can have only one olive oil, I would buy one of the Castillo de Canena; First Day Harvest. The question, for me,  would be picual or arbequina.
   Stuffing was made by my wife, it's her mothers recipe.  Very simple and a softer dressing with some crispy tops. It's bread, celery onion, garlic, sage, salt, pepper, butter and a blended egg with some stock then leg quarters were roasted on top
   Great looking bacon, Chef Bubba!       When I make mine I stay around the 20gram salt per kg of meat. It's a good cure and not over salty.       basic bacon cure recipe   1  .One 10lb slab of pork belly, rind removed 2.  2 tsp pink salt (Prague Powder) 3.  1/3rd cup salt 4.  Generous cup of sugar - cane or brown sugar. 5.  Any desired spices -   Rinse, dry, set on racked sheet in fridge overnight before smoking       I do two types of smoking for my...
    I've been cooking a lot using my immersion circulator.  All of the food is turning out really good.  Below I'll post a picture of a sous vide turkey breast.       I removed the two breasts, seasoned, rolled and tied.  I sous vide at 145f for 2 1/2 hours.  Stuffing was made with leg quarters roasting on top.  Skin was seasoned and roasted in oven at 400f, sandwiched between two layers of parchment and sandwiched between two cookie sheets.       Taste and texture was...
I had seen that, Luc.  Nine deaths, over 700+ illnesses...and countless exposed...knowingly...and willingly!  Sheeesh!  It's nice to see the follow through in the sentencing of these individulas
    Send some my way...I'll crack'em for ya   Chris. I see your location has changed...congrats     I made some gumbo yesterday, it had left over meat that was in the freezer...Berkshire pork loin, smoked sausage, swordfish and scallops.    Too often people wait to make gumbo until they have a crowd of people and then make a huge pot.  That's all well and good...but a normal gumbo recipe is good for 4-6 people, sometimes with a little left over.  If that's too large a...
   Like ManyKnives mentioned, you add the protein parts at the end.       I always simmer my gumbo for a good amount of time.  I get all my ingredients cut, measured and ready before I start my roux.  After my roux is complete I'll put the gumbo together.  But I reserve my final proteins for the end.  Even if you're adding chicken in there it's likely to be a shredded overcooked mess, so save your final proteins until the end.  But, I will add the shrimp head/tails,...
   Like others, I would question of you preheated your pan enough and if you flipped too early.       Here's a post I made some time ago about how long it took to preheat a cast iron pan at work.  I did two heating methods, one using an easy medium flame, which produced good even heating across the pan...and the other method was a high heat flame, which heated the entire pan up quicker, but with a good deal of difference in the temperatures across the pan.  But in the...
     I had thought that poultry was currently under self-inspection...I was wrong as well.      I just got off the phone with my slaughter house and they said they couldn't operate if the USDA inspector wasn't there.  They said he is on site every hour that they're open and slaughtering animals...they wouldn't be able to operate, as they do, any other way...she said.     I can understand how people may not be happy with some of our current inspection methods, but the...