or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

A proud father My son turned seven and his birthday party was today. He had wanted a bow for a few years, and I haven't shot archery myself in close to thirty years. Today he received his bow and we went shooting. He took to light instruction very well. This first time out the sights on his bow are not set for him at all, I really hadn't even thought he was going to use the sights today. At the pictured target he used one of the pins on his sight. His shot was off by...
   Hi BDL!      Hope the BackWoods is treatin' ya well!   Pork shoulder, homemade andouille, spares, pork belly (smoked, then finished braising in oven with apricots and peach schnapps liquid...then finished on the grill) and hot dogs...oh the lovely Nathan's Hotdogs that were cooked along with the finishing pork belly and andouille on the grill...slathered with pork fat and rub...yum.  Although you can't see the belly or spares underneath the...
   I like the two suggestions above...      When I read the initial post, the first thought I had was the lobster ravioli in a shallow bowl of Vietnamese broth.     Dan
    You're the one who inspired me to start eating chocolate in an elevated way :)  remmy word!ember that first 99% I had?  Upon first taste, my word!  But I found a way to appreciate it, in smaller parts of course.   All the best, Dan
      Will do!  thanks for the suggestion.
    I cube, then simmer in lard until tender.  Then remove, let set and cool.  Get the oil temp ready for deep fry and drop the chunks into the hot oil for only seconds, to crisp up.  Then squash into luscious smashed pork shreds.  To me, the flavors of carnitas are about the big pork flavor.  I add just salt, sometimes a touch of orange.  Oh yeah, I leave the fat on the shoulder as well...for this...all of it.   Dan
   I'm partial to Sharffen Berger, Lindt, Black and Green and all other brands.        The nice thing about a good chocolate bar is that you only need to snap off one little piece to satisfy.   :) Dan
    Oh my word!     I have just started drinking Hendricks and tonic with a muddled cucumber.  Okay, with or without the cucumber.  What a great drink...not too this and not too that.   never considered myself a gin man, but I do now :)   MMMMmmmmmm!     Dan
  Hi!     I'm just not sure that I would recommend any gas grills right now.  In a few short years the build quality and burner quality has gone downhill on every approachable gas grill I've looked at (short of a Kalamazoo).  A few years back I would have also recommended Weber gas grills, this is what we get at work...the thing is leagues away from the grill they were making five to seven years back.  I would recommend a Weber Kettle or a Green Egg type with a...
       From you, that is quite a statement!  If I find myself traveling in Italy, I will rate this one as a must eat at.          The kids are doing well, summer break is almost here...school is almost out.  I can't believe it has gone so fast, again.  Getting up to trade the European market takes a lot of my time, plus I still have my full time job.  While I still cook, any free time is given to the kids.  Hope you and yours are doing well!       :), Dan