or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

Hi Mike!       I'm home now...all I had on my vacation was my phone.  Which could have allowed me to post, but it would be a bit more difficult.  We were actually trying to find a guide to go alligator hunting, but we were only in Pierre Part for two days, and the timing just didn't work out.  We did however end up getting a real nice cabin in the Bayou.  We were surrounded by cypress trees covered in Spanish moss and had a nice dock to fish off of.    Dan
   We were on our way to NoLa!      But we made a few stops on the way.    One stop was for some fried Catfish!  We ended up driving to The Cock on the Walk, in Ridgeland Mississippi (just north of Jackson).  I am not sure if this is how the food normally is or not.  But it was as if there was a fry master working in the back.  The catfish was the best I had tasted so far, including growing up eating the stuff all the time.  The cornmeal crust was perfectly...
  Our trip started in Memphis   The first place we ate at was The Cozy Corner.  Wonderful bbq...ribs were fantastic.  Pulled pork was good and the fried baloney sandwich was exactly how you would like it, one thick cut of baloney (smoked then fried in pan)...covered with sauce.  Did I mention the ribs? lol.  The owner, Desiree, is an absolute sweetheart...as is the rest of her staff, many of who are family.   We also stopped at Rendezvous, also good ribs.  Good...
breathtaking
   Well, we found some really fresh alligator In Louisiana.  Only thing is all of the alligator we came across is already sold to a wide variety of places around the world.  We were just into alligator season in Louisiana, and we couldn't get fresh alligator to eat.  They explained that it may be easier to get it local later in the season.  But we did have a great time!     Here I am with one of Troy's alligators.  We were talking quite a bit with Troy and some...
    Very eloquently said, Petals.
Congrats!   You do really nice work! 
   I think its a mistake to reference an article that doesn't give you the entire view of the study its referencing.  You're relying on the interpretation from the writer, and the integrity of the writer to gain your opinion.  I originally started down this line of thinking when I found out more information about the two main studies that referenced nitrates.  The original article written made reference to problems when infants consumed nitrate rich water, another was...
   Hi there :)      Truffles are a very unique mushroom, substituting another mushroom will not be the same.  But truffles are often used to "top" or "finish" the dish, if you do not have truffles...no problem...top with something else that you do have on hand.  Truffles are completely different in flavor and their huge aroma.  While pricing truffles per pound gives you a big WOW factor, you don't have to buy them by the pound.  One small black truffle will cost you...
   Hi Mike!  Sounds like you've had some nice trips, thanks for sharing.  I'll definitely have to try and work in Vicksburg to the trip.  Thanks for all the tips.           Lol, I like that          Dan