or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

Hi Eastshores!      What's the goal of trying ravioli this way?     Are you looking for something crisp, flaky...unlike boiled pasta dough?  Or are you just trying to find a way to do something new?       If you describe what your vision is, it may help you get there faster.      Have fun! Dan
   ahhhhh....so nice :)      I loved the balance of the garden tomatoes with the cucumber...the avocado and cilantro gave it a direction I haven't gone with gazpacho too.       Thanks again for posting the recipe Margcata!
  Hi Margcata!      Garden tomatoes are plentiful and I will be making some Margcata Gazpacho today...thanks for posting!      Oh yeah, Here's a few pictures of the kids on vacation :)     eat well!   Dan
   Teamfat...(to what you said)...YES!       DuckFat (man you both have cool names!)  I think I may have caught a glimpse of them once in a diner.  The two gentlemen were ordering what sounded like four fried chickens, a coke...and some dry white toast. 
    Thanks DuckFat :)      I used to do the same, growing my vegetables in large pots.  My city started to sell plot in a community garden this year.  I've got one 20x10 and one 10x10.  I would have never been able to do this in my own yard.  It's worked out great so far, with a few minor exceptions.      You'll have to let us know how you like the Black and Rainbow!       Take care,    Dan
    Hi Margcata!  The paella looks delicious!  Our family took a nice driving vacation to various parts of Florida...we hit a ton of beaches and lots of fresh seafood.  The images of Puglia, Italy are breathtaking.  I'll get a few pictures up of the kids on vacation and send you a message.        I was really pulling for IceMan to make the show.  Not only is he a fellow Chicago native...but a ChefTalk'er!  But I'm guessing...with his drive and determination...this won't...
Hi IceMan!    KYH is really an authority on the subject.  Perhaps searching through some of his posts can give you an idea of the differences.  In my view, from a flavor profile...some varieties of tomatoes have very different flavor profiles (acidity, sweetness, complexity).  When I look for new tomatoes to grow 'm looking for a group of tomatoes that vary in their flavor profile...I've had better luck finding the wider differences in flavor growing...
   Louis Jordan - Beans and Cornbread!
   Okay...I'll give you your due (or un-due).  Your description of what unfolded sounds pretty bad.  But I've got to say...we (the internet people) sit in our chairs ripping the reality food show contestants.  Many times saying, or thinking we (or one of our friends) could do a better job.  But I just get the feeling when it all comes down to it, and you only get one chance to pick, plan and execute A dish...I just get the feeling it's much harder than we think.
   No problems IceMan!  You've got the talent...this will make you stronger!      Knock'em dead on the next one!!!