or Connect

Posts by gonefishin

Hi Margcata!  The paella looks delicious!  Our family took a nice driving vacation to various parts of Florida...we hit a ton of beaches and lots of fresh seafood.  The images of Puglia, Italy are breathtaking.  I'll get a few pictures up of the kids on vacation and send you a message.        I was really pulling for IceMan to make the show.  Not only is he a fellow Chicago native...but a ChefTalk'er!  But I'm guessing...with his drive and determination...this won't...
Hi IceMan!    KYH is really an authority on the subject.  Perhaps searching through some of his posts can give you an idea of the differences.  In my view, from a flavor profile...some varieties of tomatoes have very different flavor profiles (acidity, sweetness, complexity).  When I look for new tomatoes to grow 'm looking for a group of tomatoes that vary in their flavor profile...I've had better luck finding the wider differences in flavor growing...
   Louis Jordan - Beans and Cornbread!
   Okay...I'll give you your due (or un-due).  Your description of what unfolded sounds pretty bad.  But I've got to say...we (the internet people) sit in our chairs ripping the reality food show contestants.  Many times saying, or thinking we (or one of our friends) could do a better job.  But I just get the feeling when it all comes down to it, and you only get one chance to pick, plan and execute A dish...I just get the feeling it's much harder than we think.
   No problems IceMan!  You've got the talent...this will make you stronger!      Knock'em dead on the next one!!!
congrats ICEMAN!  I'll keep my fingers crossed
lol  (shhhhhh....)   (edit add:)   BDL, perhaps now you can see where I placed my tongue in relationship to my cheek ;)
  Lard, shortening, butter?  I think they all have very different attributes and the type of crust can/will vary with the type of pie you're making.  Don't rule out using a combination lard/butter crust either.        I do like, and use, the tip from ChefEd about using an egg wash on the bottom of the crust.    Dan
   That's hilarious...great idea!       So I take it this was a seedless watermelon cake...Makes me wonder what Petals would use for seeds?  rum soaked raisins perhaps???        thanks for sharing!!!     Dan
(edited for clarity; with picture illustration added)            The hot water line can have added contaminants that come from the hot water tank and its anode.  It's better to use the cold water line as a fill line.                                                 After reading the many replies, I can only hope that you get this problem corrected soon.  I wouldn't rule out calling the contractor as soon as possible...