or Connect

Posts by NhLineCook

See this worries me. Its the burnout rate which is experienced by the industry which I hope to avoid. I am keeping a journal of my enthusiasm I have right now. Writing about things I've discovered and experienced I've enjoyed. My goal is to revisit my journal when I burnout like so many Chef's do. Maybe the words of a young enthusiastic me will uplift my worn spirits and help me remember why I fell in love with cooking in the first place. It is just an idea I have,...
To be a line cook? No you do not need culinary school. Our generation faces the expectation of higher education. The self-taught path you must overcome that "oh, you only have a GED" stigma. I am currently enrolled in a culinary program myself. Our school runs a restaurant which does 3 services a week to give the students some experience. However it is true that it is not enough - 40-50 covers of a 7 course meal produced by 8 students a teacher and TA. I approach my...
Alright, so I'm a culinary student and took a job at a local Irish pub and restaurant. Now the restaurant had a horrible reputation awhile back and it only pumped out deep fried drunk food. So a year ago the guy who took over the place made some changes and improved the place. However He seemed to stop giving a damn about progressing the food.  - We make a homemade Guinness beef stew. I discussed with his making it 3 times a week. His response was "Well, the soup has...