or Connect

Posts by ChefChrisD

If you want to stay local, you should check out Virtu. Chef Gio is talented and they do cool stuff there. Also, have you worked at T. Cook's at the Royal Palms? There's also Citizen Public House...
Harold McGee's On Cooking and of course the holy grail of molecular gastronomy... the 5 book series Modernist Cuisine. A series no doubt your students would enjoy.
Actually my girlfriend's family is of german heritage and my friend's dad is from Austria and he knows a lot about German cuisine, also my Sysco rep is from Germany and he is a good wealth of knowledge. It's hard to answer the question of what I know about German cuisine. I've made sausages like Landjager at a resort restaurant in Phoenix, I've made spatzle a few times and I'm very familiar with pate a choux, I love meats and cheeses and fresh bread and those are large...
Thanks for the reply chef. My experience also afforded me to work around very talented chefs who were passionate about what they did, and I learned a lot from the people around me because I too am passionate about food and the industry. I spend a lot of my off time reading and watching videos culinary related. I also have good business sense, so I think this combination will allow me to excel.   Sorry if I mistyped, I am getting paid for 5 days a week, not 4. The owner...
Amazing.
Hello everyone!   This is a title I have been working for for quite some time now, so it is very exciting to have earned it. I would just like to share my thoughts and experiences in this post and hopefully help someone along the way who is curious about this transition. Any dialogue or feedback is welcome of course!   My background: I am 29 years young, with approximately 15 years experience in the business. I have worked for McDonalds, IHOP, Chili's, Applebee's,...
Thanks for all the advice guys, never ended up doing this, they went with someone else. IceMan: Best advice I've ever read.
I was always taught it was a brunoised mire poix that was perfectly cut for garnish, usually blanched or sweated.
Ahh yes... the sensuality of cooking. What else do you put in another person's body? ;)
Just out of curiosity, how many of you really, truly, don't wear your chef jacket into work as you walk through the door? I do... I like being prepared and just coming in, washing my hands, and getting down to business. Apparently it's unsanitary to wear the jacket outside for a brief moment? I don't really buy it... but if it's the industry standard and something that I'm just overlooking, then I will change my practice. Do you all take it off when you go out also? I...