or Connect

Posts by Tranquillo

I haven't been to chef talk in a while, thanks for all your responses. Has been interesting ... and funny! I normally pipe chocolate moouse into little paper cups, sprinkle crumbled oreos on them and place a sprig of mint in the middle - people normally mistake the stuff for soil!
Hi All,    I teach piano and every so often, I hold events that allow for the children to gather and have fun. I'm not a big fan of music recitals - they go on for hours and hours, parents come to watch their children perform for ten minutes and then have to endure a whole few other hours of children performing for hours. I want to have a dinner and music concert gathering with a few of the children that I teach.    I intend to have the children set up the table, make...
I am planning a kids party, I've made chocolate mousse before and I have piped it into cups in the past. I thought about piping it in a way so that it looked like poo - as a kind of toilet joke. I know as an adult, even though I still find poo jokes quite funny, I'm not sure if I'd eat something that looked like a poo... though I'm not sure if kids would either. I've asked a few kids and I get mixed answers - does anybody have any insights into whether or not you reckon...
Thanks Joey - that's makes sense, and is a great idea! 
I think the psychological perspective is really just looking at it from a psychology disciplinary angle (like how in science and humanities there are many sub-specialities and different ways to approach things - e.g. you can look at the fragments of a broken car from a forensic science perspective and take everything as evidence, or you can do it in a literary kind of way and see it as a whodunnit and create a crime story to go with it, or you can see it form a...
Hi Joey, I probably should have made the question clearer, the theme of the talk is on ensemble music and the qualities and skill that a musician needs to successfully play in an ensemble, an ensemble refers to a group of people playing music together (like a brigade team in a kitchen, or a chamber ensemble or band or orchestra).   So far, when I think ensemble, I think brigade systems, and more particularly I think balance (loud and soft between the parts), I also...
Thanks, I suppose I'm not making to little then.    It's normally 15 - 30 minutes following a lecture, and I serve two canapes - one sweet one savory.    I was asked to do morning and afternoon tea the other day, and it was two canapes each time (the first time was 20 minutes, second time was 30 minutes) - the second time there were left over ingredients, so I assembled them and they were eaten. 
Hi all, you may or may not remember me from the thread 'how do you link musical scales with food' but here I am again... I'm a music major at a university and every so often I voluntarily provide food for lectures that are open to the public. What compelled me to do this was when I found that the food provided was just chips and a dip, that to me, was hardly food.   Whenever I prepare the food, since I have training in music and since I am also a former life as a...
Hi all,    I've started catering for small events at my university and this has lead to the occasional paid catering gig during conferences and other university related events (university friend's party). Before university, I worked as a line cook in a restaurant. Anyway, I was wondering, when you make canapes - do you assume that everybody is going to eat 1 canape or 2? How many should you make?    Thanks! 
Thanks so much for your replies Durangojo - you're right; this is just for fun, nothing serious. The midi thing sounds awesome though, if only I could afford it...