or Connect

Posts by Daddycrackers

Are you sure you will be able to pay the loans back? If you get a co-signer are you sure they are willing to pay your loan back should you start missing payments? Honestly, if you have bad credit then you should not be taking out so many loans. If you fixed your bad credit situation already and are trying to re-establish credit that's another thing. If you know you can pay it back then great. If you can get a federal loan then that's your best bet but culinary schools...
Morimoto has just opened his NYC restaurant.  At the time my office was in Chelsea Market which is also the home of the Food Network.  About a week before the opening I get in the elevator and a chef walks in to go to the Food Network floor.  I see he has 'Morimoto' on his whites so I ask him if he was there for an Iron Chef taping.  He tells me that he is one of Morimotos chefs at the restaurant.  I then ask him...'What does a guy have to do to get a table at the...
Simple really, school is not work.  School is easy, it's simple and fun compared to work.  I will be able to go to class 2 to 3 evenings a week from about 6:30pm to 10:30pm and them come home.  Know anyone who would want to hire me to work those hours?  I'll stay later sure and bust my a** but I better be learning a lot, especially if I'm working for free and exchanging my time for knowledge.  I would be more than happy to do that.   Now you may be thinking to...
As for working in a kitchen right now, that's not really an option...unless you want to hire me (see previous post #14).  As for being in shape, granted I'm not all ripped up like I was when I was 40, but children have a way of cutting into your gym routine.  I'll say this though, I'll bet there are plenty of kitchen workers out there that wouldn't be able to handle running around after 2 kids all day.    As for partying.  I came up in the 80's club scene and...
If I didn't have any kids then that is most likely what I would do.  Thing is for now, my daughter (4 years) and son (7 months) are job #1 and I'm not about to sacrifice quality time with them that will affect their future development to work in a kitchen...just yet.  In about 2 to 3 years I will have 2 kids in school who will be much more self sufficient and whatever psychological damage I have inflicted by then will be their building blocks for life.  At that point I...
Grilled chicken, fries and mushy peas.
Finally, a happy ending!  Firstly, I did come across the NY Restaurant School but it was renamed in 2001 to The Art Institute of New York City.  Although they do offer a culinary program, you can't take it at the New York branch of the school but thanks for the suggestion.   As for my search, I decided to try New Jersey and lo and behold, I find a culinary arts program at Hudson County Community College.  It's close to the city (I can drive there in like 30 minutes,...
This is really just ridiculous. The board of Ed option is that Co-op tech school I posted about earlier. I spoke to a couple of different people at the BOE and they both referred me to Co-op tech. So I finally get to speak to someone at this vocational school and they confirm that a U.S. High School diploma indeed disqualifies you for the program. They did allow some people with a H.S. degree in last year but that may or may not be the case again, depends on BOE rules and...
I found this on the Co-op tech web site, this is for the adult program...   Students with a US High School Diploma or GED are not eligible   This is officially maddening again.
Thank you thetincook for the recommendation.  I will make that my next read.   I called up New York City College of Technology AKA City Tech and the continuingEd 60 hour cooking program may or may not be offered in the Fall.  Apparently it's a new program that I guess restarted last semester.  The person on the phone told me that it really didn't fly last time it was offered.  Anyway, they won't know until late in June.  Still won't work for me as it will most likely...