or Connect

Posts by Marip

Can bulgur wheat make you sick if it goes rancid?  I know raw wheat germ can but what about bulgur wheat?
Can pork hocks be used in pea soup?
Can organic butter be used in baking?
I'm going to use White Lily flour for chocolate chip cookies.  I noticed on the bag you should use 2 tbs. extra flour to every cup of flour.  Why do you have to do this?  Wouldn't doing this make the cookies to dry?
It does have an acrylic splash guard to protect your cook book.  I never had much of a problem keeping my books open on the counter my problem was getting them smeared with food.  This way the book is protected and not laying flat on the counter.
Update:    I did buy Clear Solutions  jumbo cookbook holder from Amazon to give to my daughter for her bridal shower.  I love it.  Planning on buying one for myself.  Holds thin and thick cookbooks.  Highly recommend.
I need recommendations for a lightweight 7 or  8 cup  food processer under $100.00.  
I'm baking a cherry liqueur cake the recipe calls for 3/4 cup vegetable oil and 3/4 cup cherry liqueur.  I don't have any vegetable oil.  Can peanut oil or olive oil can be used instead?
My daughter is getting married in the fall.  I'm thinking about getting The Newlywed Cookbook by Robin Miller.  Does anyone have this cookbook and how do you like it?
I'm looking for a good cookbook holder.  I had several in the past that did not hold the books too well.  Does anyone know what cookbook holder is good?