or Connect

Posts by Clove48

Peas and Bacon? Who would have thunk.
Enrico, When the pasta comes out of the boiling water, it's at 200F or so.If your egg, cheese and pepper mixture is ready to go, they will quickly cook at 180F or so and as tossed through, should cook to a safe temperature. BTW, if you can buy eggs from a reputable famer, there should be no issue from under-cooked or raw eggs.
During my first trip to Spain, in 1976, I had very little familiarly with Spanish food. When I arrived at my hotel in Alicante in was late afternoon and my agent told me that he would pick me up for dinner that night. When he arrived back at 9:30, I was both surprised and very hungry. I didn't know that the Spanish ate that late. Mariano asked me what I wanted to eat for dinner and the only Spanish dish I knew was Paella. He told me that Spaniards do not eat Paella for...
Here's a simple recipe for green pasta you can do at home It uses frozen spinach so you can make it anytime of the year and dosn't loose much from the same recipe with fresh spinach.   Spinach Pasta Dough - basic home version   Ingredients §  1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach §  4 Cups all-purpose flour §  4 large eggs §  1 Pinch of salt Method Completely defrost the spinach and dry thoroughly. This is a critical step, the dryer the spinach, the better...
Much like Ragu Bolognese, this recipe has many varriations and well debated historical roots. This is a Roman dish. I use the name "Carbonara" as the base for mine, pepper. Those black specks of pepper are there to remind us of the coal delivery people from where the name comes.   Ingredients: ·         1 Lb bucatini (or spaghetti) ·         6 oz guanciale (or pancetta) — diced or cut into strips ·         1 clove garlic ·         2 farm-fresh eggs ·         4 oz...
Specific ingredients asside, your recipe and photos take me back to Alicante and the great Paella they make there! Thanks
These last few posts seem to validate my earlier comment, "every cook has their own version of a recipe that they feel is authentic" The Bolognese are so fanatical about the food and traditions, that the "official" recipe for Ragu Bolognese has been displayed at Bologna Chamber of Commerce since 1982. That doesn't mean you can't add lamb or rabbit or gooey duck to your recipe, just don't go to the Chamber and claim that it is Ragu Bolognese Remember that we a discussing a...
I know you posted this review of Enoteca La Capannina a while ago but thought some readers might be interested in the story that was published by Bob Sloan. He acompanied the group of Batali and his chefs though 5 days of eating in Emelia Romagna.   Here's the story of one of the culinary "seeds" for that restaurant as chronicled by Diary of a Foodie writer, Bob Sloan. Produced by PBS's WGBH, Diary of a Foodie is televised but this adventure was not.   Where to eat in...
As I've said, you can add anything you like to any recipe. I posted two classic ragu recipes from Emilia Romagna. Because this ragu is so widely used in that region, every restaurant and home cook has a version and they are all somewhat different.   One ingredient that is usually found in this recipe (and missing from yours) is milk. I see you add a cheese rind to give some of the lactic characteristics   The purists would say your picture shows a big mistake:...
You could always make a stuffed pasta side dish or fry the pasta for a bar snack