or Connect

Posts by Spmrks

Simplish salad. Fresh romaine lettuce, spinach, cabbage, white onion, cucumber, roma tomatoes, feta cheese,and red wine vinaigrette. Topped with grilled chicken marinated in a very nice balsamic vinaigrette, fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, pepper and a squeeze of lime.
Myron Mixon or Johnny Trigg or both. I love cooking of all kinds but at the heart of it all I love REAL BBQ and these gentleman are the master of the trade and have proven it time and time again. To absorb some of that knowledge, the little nuances of real BBQ would be awesome. On a side not if I could not speak with either of them then I would undoubtedly want to hang out with Zac Brown. Aside from the fact that I just think that would be an incredible experience I have...
Well this is not for tonight but tomorrow. Brisket will go on the smoker around 6 or 7 a.m with some hickory chunks for about 8-10 hours. It has my own personal injection recipe it will sit in for the night in the fridge. In the morning I have a rub (my own recipe) that will be put on and it will be mopped a couple of times with once again my own personal mop recipe. The ribs are sitting in a dry rub for the night as well. They will be put on to another smoke with apple...
Tonight I ventured on the wild side and made my own dough mixture to make some raviolis. They were spinach and mushroom raviolis with a chive butter sauce. The filling came out awesome. My dough came out good however I learned a lesson in the art of ravioli making. After cutting out the circles from the dough I coated them with egg white, placed my filling in the center and another piece of dough on top...here is where the lesson came in. I then curled over the edges and...
Well it was salmon smoked on a cedar plank with apple chips mixed in the coals. It has fresh parsley, a pinch of sage,lemon zest and lemon juice squeezed on while cooking. The bed it is on is carrots. Originally it was a mixture of diced green peppers and sliced carrots  in a red wine vinaigrette and a little bit of olive oil that was going to be thrown on the grill and cooked as well...but after tasting it, I decided it was perfect the way it was and may compliment the...
Double post I apologize
boar-d-laze   I already got a couple racks of pork ribs a brisket and two whole chickens ordered from the local butcher. Going to be making some KC style ribs, Texas style brisket I am going to be trying something new with the chickens. I am going to be doing Mesquite smoke on lightly salted and peppered birds with an Alabama white BBQ sauce. Never made the white BBQ sauce before but I am excited to try...More excited to just have a whole day devoted to drinking beer...
Mushroom and sausage casserole all fresh and homemade ingredients. It took awhile but it was well worth it.
Thank you for your support it is much appreciated. Many of the articles on this site have already peaked my interest. A great deal of knowledge is written in those words and I have spent many hours reading through them and trying to absorb as much as I can.