or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

My PC security won't let me open the recipe so will just toss out a few things (although I am thinking the custard stuck in one place so Iceman's tip about the knife would be the answer). Why the extra egg (altho doubt that was your problem as only a portion stuck.). Did you use a glass baking dish? Whisking by hand is ok as long as you know what the batter should look like when it is ready for the oven. Your oven could be running hot. Oven thermometers are cheap so...
IMO you are finished with full time classes and are ready to work. Take the generous offer from your g-parents and get on with your life... you can always keep a lookout for any conferences and/or certificate classes that sound interesting. Food shows as well. Orlando (working for the mouse or not) can be an education on its own. The kitchens in that area usually spare no expense for ingredients as the dessert menus can be a big factor when booking up hotels and...
I love chocolate and orange together as well. Have never made sorbet and the ones I looked at did not mention the albumen for emulsion so will take your word for it lol. If it were me I would count the BA recipe as broken and hunt down a "tried and true" for the next time  as the idea of this profile sounds too good to give up.   mimi
I saw numerous recipes (online ;-) from sources both trusted and not. All call for cocoa powder (which I would expect) as well as chopped bittersweet chocolate to be melted into the hot sugar base (which I did not) and to wiz it before freezing. Most had great reviews and despite looking very hard at the pix, I could see no specks (duh...like they would allow that).   Several things stood out about the BA recipe. No whizzing and no egg white. Where did you get the...
Ditto the Chefs answers. I was a bit curious how you are going to make this work. I understand it can be done but unless you are feeding a majority of the students every day I don't see the profit. There is a chef member on CT who has a contract to prepare, deliver and serve lunches to an entire student population. Every day.   What kind of hoops are you having to jump thru in order to bypass the federal school lunch regulations? Not trying to poke the bear at...
 And blueberry! m.
 Most of the recipes out there using lots of lemon juice are tightened up with eggs/flour/starch to ensure that pretty slice but the reduction trick is a good one to have in the back pocket .It is switching out with Meyers that I found to be problematic....the end result still has a nice lemony flavor but not much of that acid hit (and then the sweeteners just kidnap the entire dish IMO).Never tried to reduce them but did forget a full ice cube tray in the freezer.By the...
I adore Meyer lemons but you do need to be mindful of the lower acidity, which may cause a loss in the pucker factor. Plus the amt of juice you would need to add in order to reach that zing factor may thin out the batter enuf to cause a problem when it comes down to achieving a nice firm slice at service. Not being a huge fan of extracts ('cept vanilla of course) I keep my baking fridge stocked up with different flavors of oils and emulsions (LorAnn.com is my go to...
They each have their own style of weeds as well as adrenaline rushes and I loved both but for different reasons ( and TBH catering still holds a special place in my heart). I had a taste of most stations in almost every house I worked (preferred bartending...with no more than one barback as I am kinda territorial and preferred to pour alone ( esp if the bar was overlooked when it came to sq footage) ...catering was samesame....put all my effort into whatever task was...
OT but @Jimyra stirred up a memory.... Was in the hospital for something or the other (remember back in the day when you were admitted for a few days for a simple surgery...these days you are booted out unless still on the deathbed...) ? Somehow I was ordered a 2 gm salt diet (per day and that ain't a lot) and was served salt free tomato soup. Oh man...sent the fisherman out for burger and malts lol.   This is a great thread with a lot of sound advice. The only log...