or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

IMO the little league events can end up being pretty lucrative, but I think like a caterer. 2-3 lunchtime gigs for each "season". We have 3 seasons in our area. 2 hotdog gigs and one banquet (usually bbq) at the end of each season. Prep all the dogs and shove into the little sleeves...place in a little cardboard boat with one ketchup and one mustard and a couple of napkins. Wife hands out the dogs you pull the drinks out of a wastub full of ice. Done in a couple of...
Taking cooking classes? Good on you! Having to write a paper for said cooking classes? Bad on them! Next time lead in with the recipe. Cut and paste if need be , just be sure to cite the author. This will help us follow along in our heads and makes advice giving ohso much easier. About choosing and following a recipe... Try to find one that lists the cooking implements. Browning meat in a Duch oven is a lost cause as the tall sides trap condensation and the meat just...
Buying Angus beef does not guarantee a superior product. It is so popular because it is faster to raise and despite less time spent in the feed lot (cheaper for producer to raise) has been proven to develop a quality marbling . It drives me crazy when the supermarkets charge so much more for say a choice cut of Angus over a prime cut of whatever the chain has sent out. Altho I use the opportunity to stock up a bit lol. Just take it out of the plastic or butcher paper and...
Ummm...not that I didn't think you could do it.....ahhhh ummmm it's just that ehhhh....that hunk 'o tuna is just so darned beautiful, man!Makin' tear up and everything....mimi
@chefbuba I am speechless. mimi
Respectable list of wholesale customers there, FF.There were murmurs of Collichio bringing 'wichcraft to Dallas a while back but it ended up being craft instead.Couldn't hang tho.....don't know why.Anyways...I am a packed in oil girl.The water option just tastes bland IMO.Pouch in oil.mimi
mimi
@Ivyka chocolate can be a fickle mistress lol. Your tarts look delish ( the curd is not runny in the least) and if you don't mind sharing I am interested in trying your cherry curd. The plethora of cherries (last season) had me trying some new recipes. So pulled a couple off the internet and was not happy with the end results at all. There remains a couple of quart jars in the pantry and maybe one vacuum packed (pound) in the freezer.....perfect for practicing. Would be...
Would help to know the menu as well....I am assuming your specialty is barbeque (screen name) and down south banana pudding and fruit cobblers are traditional desserts served with this type meal.Unless there is some way the pudding can be kept at optimal temp ( for flavor as well as safety) I would move on to a cobbler.Pecan pie is also a go to but the price of nuts has made it almost impossible to make a profit on it.Texas sheet cake with a hint of cinnamon could be an...
I am a cross my T's and dot my I's kinda business person.So...to ensure the products I offer for sale are within legal perimeters I research and verify city, county, state and federal codes and laws.To entrust my future as well as the health of the public to a random post on a public forum is IMO not only dangerous but kinda silly.mimi