or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

Warm chocolate will only melt the icing into a puddle on bottom of the cake plate. My first suggestion is to stick cake in fridge or freezer and then whip up another batch of buttercream. The now firm cake exterior will trap the crumbs and you will add another layer of buttercream, thereby hiding your disaster. No worries unless you are accepting payment for it. If it is the latter... barricade all doors and windows, grab a spoon (maybe a large stiff drink as well) and...
Glad you are so excited ! Now take a deep breath and give us a bit of direction here, K? What theme are you thinking of? Adult or kid bday? Wedding? Baby shower? Are you required to actually produce an edible product or just design one? mimi
Hi Annie! Congrats on the job! About the practice runs on the recipes. I hope the owner realizes he is shooting himself in the foot with all that no training nonsense. Food costs are through the roof so be careful and maintain a running tally on any duds. Another thing.... are those tried and true customer approved recipes he handed you? Watch a lot of YouTube for any skills you may be weak on and then try (the recipes) a couple of times each and then either tweak or...
Originally Posted by Meezenplaz   Still popular as a child's activity at parties I go the beach route and use small plastic buckets and toys.Bake a three layer sheet cake and carve out pieces to fit the buckets then let the guests go at it!Graham cracker crumbs mixed with light brown sugar for the sand topping and candy shells and fish (candy melts poured into plastic molds) keep them busy for quite a while.Makes a great little party favor. TF your cake is really quite...
I like to mix and match. Bake a dozen of 3-4 types of cups then pull out what you have in the way of fillings, buttercreams and garnish ( if the supply is low make up some new flavors and toss in the mix). Then have at it. You may be surprised what you might come up with.   mimi
What do you use now? Obviously your base prefers it over the competition.   mimi
 I also like my omelets "set".The over easy can be "medium" as to allow the yolk to be cleaned from plate with toast or whatever but just cannot stomach a runny scramble.In other words this entry gets my vote lol. mimi
I am jealous, pan, but in a good way lol. Have been been in that area many times (spring break in Texas whohoo!) but was way before I knew what treasures those flats concealed. What style of fisherman would be willing to shuffle thru water for sometimes hours before getting that little snap that signals the beginning of a (hopehope) great fight with a "keeper" red? One who is most likely there for more reasons than catching supper. One who has some thinking and...
 Makes perfect sense to me!We are big fans of "snack cakes" and I am pretty sure the pack of hungry wolves who hang out at my home will devour this offering in a heart beat.Thanks! mimi