or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

Would scaling down to a size small egg be ridiculous? Thinking you could get by with 3 large non stick pans.   mimi
I agree with @Someday's line of thought. Don't get so carried away that your idea comes off as gimmicky...if you make it 5 times in practice and it only works out three...rethink the dish. Just sayin'.   mimi
I made a recipe of the DD's last nite and it was horrible (she will prolly read this and know I lied about the outcome) kinda greasy and over seasoned. The fisherman kept commenting on how greasy mine was in comparison. I drained the meat well but used my homemade Mexican "red gravy" which is based on lard... she uses a canned product. The dish filled a 10 inch cast iron skillet to the very top and other than 2 servings the rest went down the disposal. So yeah...I get...
 Lol...I do not blame her.There are some recipes online that include baby food.Look on CT for Boomer Cake (Durango jo posted it..I think) as it uses pureed prunes.It is actually very very tasty without any actual prune flavor. mimi
Raised yeast products are fairly simple to make...more about the technique than the recipe IMO. Have you tried at all to pull a batch together and how did that come out? If so...recipe plus what they looked and felt like during your steps would be great to have.   I have not been in those kitchens but FYI there are some places that order in already formed, frozen and unbaked rolls. Texas Roadhouse is one...they come from the company commissary. Their rolls are a bit...
 I assumed (yep that's me ;-) you wanted that tall look.Do you have anything in mind?Popover cups would be a nice individual size but of course it is slanted in from top to bottom.Hmmm. mimi edit... looked at the pix again and think maybe that taller look was from photography angle....Carry on...m.
 You have learned the first lesson re kitchen tools (and side towels).... first come first serve.Always keep a half dozen pairs of cheap scissors  in your knife roll...as they fall apart you will have a replacement. mimi I know you said you wash that pocket knife and I have no reason to doubt.Someday when you have the $ take that knife to an independent lab and let them culture the areas in and around the handle.You may be surprised what soap and water (even anti...
Great challenge @Peachcreek! OBTW...there are NO bad cheesecakes...only a lack of toppings!   mimi
That is one awesome use of pork @BrianShaw ! Looking at the amt of ingredients as well as the slice(s) cut for photography the traditional PP is family style but IMO individuals would be just as pretty on the plate. I have seen a 6x5 cake pan online (anything smaller like a 5 or 4 inch would most prolly be top heavy and a disaster.) but it has been a while back and not sure if it was anything more than a flash in the pan novelty. Not sure if there are any that are sold...