or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

Virginia. Pretty hard to help you without being right there with you. Unless...... You changed something like an ingredient or maybe veered off the written path of instructions. Is your oven temp on point (stick a couple of oven thermometers in there). What size pan did you use and how much batter did you pour in? Stand mixer? Yes I am clutching at straws here. Talk me thru your exact procedure . Even the brands of ingredients may be helpful. OBTW.....what type of flour...
I have heard his name but had never seen his work. So googled his name and then chose images. All I can say is......wow. I have made my share of roses and callas (plus many many "fantasy flowers" lol) and am always humbled when I am able to enjoy the work of a true sugar artist. Perfect form, spot on colors and shading.....not one leaf out of place. Thanks for reminding me to take a peek. mimi
Anytime G ! mimi
My "give rep" button isn't working. It is a great little feature (tool?). One that I use mainly to agree with a point or idea when the thread is getting longish. Keeps me from being redundant when all I really wanna do is say atta boy or great idea. mimi
Juana...I had an email invitation from craftsy.com for a free fondant for beginners class. Are you familiar with them? It is a totally above board site that gathers and sells (you only pay for what you want and most classes are around 35-50 dollars) tutorials made up by gifted professionals in the different crafts. I am learning to weave a rug with a class I bought for 35 dollars and having a great time learning something new. Anyway I am not plugging them or anything...
I "ve gotcha back koukou. Not a huge fan of scrambed eggs in the first place . Something about the texture . But then again I am the person who loves buttery brown toast with grape jam and bacon so what kinda taste do I have lol.
Sorry OT... Phatch is that a line from Dune? mimi
I may just dip my toes in the water for this challenge. Phatch...I LOVE me a good sammich and both of those are now on my radar.   mimi   # imma hafta open that last jar of chimichurri from last summer's canning binge....
If I may plug Green Giant's new Honey Roasted Sweet Corn.... In one of those steam bags cooks fast at 4 min (my micro). Only drawback is maybe too much other "stuff" in the mix. Other than that..straight to plate when machine pings (like any other steamed food can get soggy) lots of nice plump corn kernals with a nice (ahem errrr sauce ) not too sweet but I drain it anyway and plop some soft butter on top. My BP was up so have to mind my salt intake and increase fiber...