or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

? mimi
 I gave up on Costco but the briskets at SAM's (choice) were still almost five dollars a month ago.Was going to wait and see what happened before Memorial Day but my burger needs will be met for a while lol.How is your BBQ project coming along? mimi
I had noticed a LOT of the farms around me had switched from the usual milo (maize) grain to corn. Corn was very hard to grow and sell for animal feed ( susceptible to mold and fungi) and get a top price. Maybe they are planting a new/different type seed? IDK...interesting...will try to catch one of the farmers at the ag office and ask.   I dropped by my butcher yesterday and after talking to him went ahead and ordered a side. Now the hard part....which cuts do I...
 As soon as I bring pecans home I go ahead and toast about 2/3 and stick in the freezer.Big time saver . mimi
Not being snarky but IMO the appearance is off putting. The flour is lumpy and the color way too pale. Fried chicken is supposed to be a crispy golden brown. Again IMO but if I was on a strict low fat diet I would either completely skip the fried food or do oven bake (which still requires a tiny bit of oil but your body need some fats to metabolize vitamins).   mimi
Forgot the salt. Have never used vanilla but it sounds reasonable...will have to try it. Certainly won't hurt lol.   mimi
 Corn.Can use honey as well.You need something to keep the caramelized sugar from getting hard after cooling.I use brown sugar, butter, light corn syrup and pecans.Mix everything (except the pecans) together and cook until the sugar melts then pour into the pan add the pecans and top with the rolls.If there are any leftovers I guarantee they will remain sticky. mimi
There you go. I am partial to the flavor of malt so if it was on hand (which it usually is) I would add it.   mimi
Yep.We have a way of doing that sometimes lol. mimi
They (the KA peeps) want you to use whatever it is that they sell. Is there sugar in the recipe?   mimi