or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

My biggest need for stock is (no mystery) during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Every year I tell myself I am going to make extra and set aside but of course I never do. My sister always does the turkey so has dibs on all the extra parts as well as the yummy goodness in the bottom of the roaster. Last year I hit the store to pick up some stock for my cornbread dressing and the traditional chick soup with homemade egg noodles (noodles on the side... don't ask...
Gorgeous crust Chef. So flaky. mimi
Allow me to apologize re my lack of Monkey Bread knowledge.Was talking to my sister and was informed that yes it can be made both ways.So don't give up .... there will come a day when heaven and earth align and things will just click.Then you will be passing along all your tips and trix to someone just starting out.mimi
Hi laul welcome to Chef Talk! Would love to help you with your cuppies but need a bit more info. The recipe for sure and if you made any changes note those too. A picture would be great but not really necessary if you can describe the problem.   mimi
Why all the fuss with the yeast dough? Monkey bread is made with canned biscuits. http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/grands-monkey-bread/7a1e41b1-4708-4028-8ce6-fcb5baebbc19   mimi
That's it. I make a lot of Italian buttercream so seldom have egg whites to freeze (now yolks are another story...... ) Last time I used defrosted whites I think there were 6 and maybe sprinkled a tsp in? Just use a small amt and if your whites still look runny sprinkle some more. I know how frustrating it is to be unable to rule the kitchen. A third lumbar fusion is staring me in the face and I am being pretty stubborn about it. If I have a big baking day it takes two...
Apples and cranberries. Match made in heaven. mimi
Check the baking section. I usually find it in the area with powdered milk. Not all stores carry it so just check every time you shop. I usually end up tossing because out of date before I can use it all. Have read where someone used the Wilton meringue powder but have never had any to try so I can't recommend it. Sorry if I poked the bear re culinary lavender. IMO when we stop trying new things might as well start eating nothing but canned soup and boxed mac and chez...
You ladies have bigger huevos than I. Lavender is my go to scent for the usual linen spray and laundry rinse (can't forget the bubble bath) but have never cared for the taste. But I don't do pine or even rosemary. Allergic to cedar so maybe that has something to do with it. @SylviaM... when I use frozen egg whites I always add some egg white powder in with the whites and let it sit at room temp for awhile. When it looks like all the powder is absorbed I hand whisk a...
@eastshores Did the Test Kitchen look at stocks at all or just the broths? I guess it is a dead giveaway if there is no protein present lol... will have to start checking before I choose. Thanks for the correction on that brand name ...making Wedding Soup this week and thought to see if it would bring anything new to the party. @French Fries Guess we will have to agree to disagree about store bought stocks. I admit there are huge differences between brands and carton vs...