or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

@wlong Had to make a second larger batch and sprinkled crushed peanuts on top of half and a bit of sea salt on the other half (just cannot leave a recipe alone lol). Using the toppings made me wonder what else could be added to make it a more well rounded (and nutritious) snack. The recipe called for 2 T of butter and I left it out the second time (did'nt even miss it and was actually less sticky) It is sweet enough to carry a zillion different toasted grains and roll...
When it comes to gardening THEY (internet experts as well as seed package authors) take all of the quirks and qualities of a variety and bundle them together and spit out an average for us (the customer). I am in South Texas and have beds full of annuals that (I leave to go to seed) return each spring. Another example.... Every year I see masses of hydrangeas being purchased and wheeled out the doors of various garden centers. I speak with whoever takes care of the...
My protégé (4 year old granddaughter) has been visiting for the last few days and as always we take to the kitchen to "make a memory". This time was no bake cookies and she chose a cornflake and peanut butter concoction.. So easy and just a bit addictive ....   Bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup corn syrup to a rolling boil.... after a minute add in 1/2 cup peanut butter and stir until completely homogeneous. Dump over 3 cups cornflakes, stir like mad and then drop...
You are welcome I presume the store is buying your product because it had a quality they liked and wanted to represent, right? You have explained how to hold the cake and they have seen the consequences of mishandling. Are they aware any "tweaking" will most likely change the end product? Lucky no one has fallen ill . IMO if the customer cannot or will not follow the basic food handler rules I would pull the product. You have a rep to protect, right?   mimi
First congrats on the sale! My first action (before trying to tweak your formula) would be to check the store's holding case for humidity. Lack of or low ambient  moisture within a sealed vessel can suck the products within bone dry (causing cracking). If that is not the case then we would need to see your recipe in order to help you find a solution.   OBTW... welcome to Chef Talk!   mimi
Chef Talk has a rep for no holds barred GREAT advice. The place looks great.... I would prolly sit down and eat there in place of my usual to go orders. Keep it nice and clean esp the Bathrooms. Check it several times a day to ensure it remains brite and shiney and smells that way also. Totally agree with a streamlined menu for now. The prep will become a dreaded task if you keep all that on menu. I love milkshakes but they are labor intensive during a busy lunch run...
My fave Grand has been "visiting" for a week now. Please help...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HlVSeRBQb0   mimi
Thank you for making my day @teamfat ! The few times I have been exposed to Chef Boulud (tv of course) his vibe (aura?)  was one of generous playfulness and this vid only reinforced that impression. Of course the kids were typical for their age (even a bit sophisticated) and I could tell they were thrilled to be there. The little blond boy with the vest seemed to have a developing palate and when he picked up his water vessel by the stem I was surprised (coached by mom...
I think first you should decide how long you want it to last (use your pastry sold history to figure this out) and go from there. Then go searching (internet, library cookbook section) for formulas and choose one that will meet your needs. I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook in storage that has a chart giving measures/ratios for bulk mixes so maybe start there.   Have never done it but would imagine if you choose carefully the waffles and pancakes can be made from the...
 I think the whole point behind the crumb fortified dish is to use leftovers.So in the spirit of this thread I challenge you to either make your own (best choice IMO) or find and purchase day old donuts before you proceed.Altho I suppose if you are wanting to have your (I am calling them Whoopie Pies) copy creation mirror the bakery's you will have to purchase the donuts from there.Speaking of the bakery.... have you thought to just ASK for the recipe?Worst that can happen...