or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

Total agreement Ed.Proud of myself after knocking out 125 corporate baskets for Christmas Eve delivery did not accept even ONE cry for help from any frantic caterers lol.Did lose my Flour Competition photographer to an 11th hour hysterical noob (she was paid better for less work so cannot fault her lol).Back to last nite.....The fisherman , the favorite Grand and myself crawled into my bed with our pads and read or watched Netflix all evening.Next door neighbor must have...
Congrats Lady K for a game well baked! I enjoyed the cinnamon bun tutorial as well! Even figured out why mine tend to unroll...... I always rolled towards myself and noted you went the opposite way. Tried your way and the entire pan was perfect. Whoda thought?
Assuming you are complaining of a metallic aftertaste. Several reasons could be the culprit....from the water you used to the pan you cooked in. My hubs has worked around petrol chemical refineries for years and one of the danger signs of heavy metal ingestion is this complaint of a coppery or tin like taste on the palate Should everyone jump up and run to the ED? Prolly not unless there are other S&S like mental confusion. Toss out the soup and IMO toss out your pan as...
Plenty of jarred mincemeat at all the stores here. Not dusty and the price is reasonable . No one likes it but me so have taken to keeping in the fridge and eating it out of the jar with a spoon. Addictive. mimi
I use a lots of it. Prefer it to be lowish in sugar and if not seedless then at least ones big enuf to catch on the first strain. Just a PITA to strain ..... but it's gotta be done. Nothing spells disaster like an event host walking around with stray seeds between his/her teeth, right? mimi I take so few jobs these days that it is just more cost effective to shop the Big Box places..... Pick up quite a bit of pantry items if I can catch a good sale when doing the home...
Thanks for rubbing it in lol.Let me guess.It was cold with a few snow flurries.Here on the Texas Gulf Coast it is dark and rainy and the temp is hovering in the upper 60s to lower 70s.I used my only good cookie decorating day (yesterday) to supervise the younger Grands during the annual "Let's Dump Everyone Out of Diapers on Mimi as We Pretend to Finish Shopping but Really Go to the Ice House Down the Street and Play Pool and Drink Lone Star Longnecks Day" Today the AC is...
If I may.... Since "retiring" I seem to be using way more yolks than whites. At first I tried just saving in fridge but never got them used before the danger zone window closed. So I tried freezing but when I tried to use them (macs or IMBC or whatever) I was never happy with the consistency/stability. Tried all the usual trix but the results were sub-par. Could be my OCD but don't think so. Could be different in a pro setting... I don't know, maybe. Granted I am talking...
My friends and I were huge Jiffy fans (in "High" School ;-) Cheap and fast..... yellow and chocolate cake mixes ... cornbread... muffins... oh and cannot leave out the fudge icing that only needed a handful of chopped roasted pecans added before rolling in 10X and devouring. Good times. mimi Oh! Cannot forget the pizza dough! Smash some in a muffin pan, par bake then add leftover spaghetti sauce and whatever cheese was on hand. Even Velveta. No shame . m.
Leftover stale movie popcorn. They really DO love me .... sniff, sniff. mimi
It's a conspiracy . mimi