or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

You mentioned volunteer so are doing this for the love of it (as in for free?)...... or will this be a contract gig? Either way if you are being paid or not you are gonna need more hands on deck for this, esp if you are making every component from scratch. At the very minimum a prep cook and a dishwasher who can be trained to support the prep line. Is the kitchen on campus or will you need to deliver and/or serve ? OBTW.... congrats on the gig. Will be hard work but oh so...
Or they are full of spider eggs....Maybe a few hundred thousand of those rain forest tarantulas that get as big as a dinner plate.m.
Excellent question .....Went floundering again last nite and on my way to a dark room with the ac set on Arctic so my search will have to wait until cocktail hour.I never miss cocktail hour lol.I am thinking something refreshing like appletinis or cape cods today.mimi
Just tossing this out there .... The bananas were packed too tightly during shipping and the result was enuf pressure to bruise the skin but not the flesh. This tight pack also prevented any air flow causing the fruit to sour a bit thus the off taste. mimi
Just my 2 cents. I worked hospitality FT during my entire 5 years of nursing school. Had to. Had a family to feed and shelter. A few years were spent in management (hence the 5 years lol) and yes there were many times I had to ask for some slack from one or the other of my masters. Maybe she knows she can do your job and is just really jealous she doesn't have the chops to balance both pastimes. That there is no love lost between her and YOUR staff is a good thing. Means...
Sit down and make a list of cuisines and techniques that interest you. Read a magazine article about a chef who catches your interest? Maybe someone's menus have dishes on them you are drawn to? After the list comes the how. Get in to stage at as many of the places as you can. Either drop by during slack time and ask to speak to the chef or sous or write a letter ( the kind you put in an envelope and buy a stamp for ;-) . Include your cv ( short sweet and to the point )...
Sorry was not my intent (nor my place) to school a sous . I just get passionate when this sort of subject comes up....having been a victim of improper sanitation before. The experience left me a bit rabid . I had driven from Dallas to San Antonio to attend a corporate meeting and had planned to head home when it broke up. A lovely cold buffet of salad type offerings was rolled in at mid day. Pretty sure it was the fruit salad with a lemon poppyseed dressing. Was kinda...
I wonder if you are having some kind of sourdough type reaction. If the cooking process doesn't improve things just serve the ice cream that day. I realize the freezing process may mute some of the awesome cornyness (yeah I make up a lot of words lol) but sometimes things are just out of our control. Another option is to send a sample to a lab for examination. Let them reassure you the sour taste is just that or is it full of listeria or whatever. A tartness that is...
Nothing different from the already mentioned .... Just wanted to offer up my empathy re Pinterest. An insane amt of info re EVERY topic under the sun and most of the recipes don't even come out close to what you imagined lol. mimi