or Connect

Posts by flipflopgirl

I have read more than a few reviews along those same lines, phatch.But when there are a zillion reviews on something I expect to come across some bad in with the good.The kids always give me glowing reports.They esp like having recipes that can be easily changed into another dish with the addition of a few ingredients.Maybe I will borrow my daughter's copy and give it a whirl.What recipes did you have problems with?May have to find a new "first" cookbook to gift.mimi
Don't know where I left my manners! Welcome to Chef Talk! m.
Good advice....I would like to add that when you enter the world of online commerce (esp if the product is crossing state lines) you have just opened a huge can o' worms.You will get to play pretty with the FDA and maybe even the USDA.Not trying to be a meanie.The government plays for keeps and ignorance of the law is no excuse.Might not be a bad idea to hire a consultant to help you with your business plan.mimiOBTW.....a culinary school diploma is not required in order to...
http://www.marthastewart.com/266918/silk-dyed-easter-eggs I prolly won't have time to do these so thought I would share. Would like some feedback as to the difficulty level if one of you should attempt it. After all....MS usually outsources her hobbies lol. mimi
You just need to get your foot in the door. If you chose to start as a tray jockey all the better. Most upscale hotels boast busy on site catering departments and are always needing to fill in the on call rosters. The beauty of banquet is the separate kitchen and when it gets crazy EVERYONE plates. Teamwork is the first commandment ....... Great way to let the chefs know you are interested in joining the kitchen staff how it has been a life long dream jadajada. Reinforce...
We were on the same wave link the other day Ordo....... A couple of eggs over easy with homemade sprout bread croutons. Delish. mimi
This is my standard gift to kids going off to college, getting first apartment, 4H food and nutrition contest prizes....... http://www.amazon.com/Cook-Everything-Completely-Revised-Anniversary-ebook/dp/B00BS03W5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427773451&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+cook+everything mimi Good basic recipes and techniques.
Hi John and welcome to Chef Talk. The learning you seek is at the tips of your fingers. There are scads of culinary school texts offered online. I noticed the CIA offers quite a few but have no clue where you should start. What ever path you decide to take , I wish you luck . mimi
Yes edible glitter has been available for some time.Works great on the exterior of cakes , cookies, ice cream....The OP wants to mix in with the batter and buttercream.When this glitter ( deco sugar) touches moisture (and heat of the oven) the shine will dissipate and you are left with colored sugar.Kinda like sprinkles.mimi
I bought some powdered buttermilk.Tasted like buttermilk but was kinda thin.Would expect this cream to be the same.mimi