Posts by flipflopgirl

Another priceless pearl from the Book of MonkeyMan. mimi
 I finish my pot 'o beans (pintos with a meaty ham bone) with a grab of cilantro.First I remove the little rubber band and tie with cotton twine then plunge into the pot with only the stems sticking out.After about 10 minutes I grab the stems and whatever is still clinging to them then toss into the garbage.Have brought many staunch "I don't like cilantro" foodies into the fold lol. Epazote is (like Mexican oregano) one of those herbs that could use more respect IMO.A pint...
 seeds yes Mustang or Camaroplz state year model
Yes it could.In fact there is a very nice curd recipe using the Meyer variety lemon here on CT! mimi
 Of course.... mimi
  m.
 I adore hominy.The family, not so much.So I drain the liquid off and saute to a lite brown in a gallon of butter.Lots of pepper and there you have it.... a great snack for catching up with Outsiders (new season!).Not so different from the popcorn everyone else is having and mine comes with the guarantee to be safe from grubby hands. mimi
milk   rye bread seeds or no   mimi
 It may not.Depends on the pH of the lemon juice.Just something I tossed out there as an option....if the tart was small (a couple of bites) that elusive tanginess could have come from something as simple as a sweet/tart glaze.Just like every other business the mouse has to keep a decent food cost and you can get a good bang for the buck by switching up glazes. Jam that has been warmed then thinned with booze or juice, maybe add some spice,  is a great way to switch things...
  m.