or Connect

Posts by Charbel

As Nicholas said, you are introducing air to the heavy cream, thus making it foamy. Adding sugar would add some stability, but if it fell apart that might be a sign that you overwhipped it. Most likely, your bakery is not using whipped cream. btw, I am a current student at Le Cordon Bleu.
My name is Charbel. I am currently a pastry and baking student with one more class left.   I choose this career path about ten years too late (cliché: it's never too late!). I have a bachelor in chemistry and an MBA. Neither of which brought me the satisfaction that I get from working in the kitchen, and creating original pastry!   In short, I am here to learn and share!
Hello everyone... I am a culinary student (Baking & Pastry) looking for an externship. If you are looking (or know of someone who's looking) for bakers or pastry cooks, please let me know.   Thank You!
1. Letter fold 2. 3 times 3. Make sure you let the dough rest about 20 minutes between folds, in the fridge 4. Butter is always going to leak a bit. Too much leaking might indicatenthat you are using too much butter. 5. I bake it at 400F until dark golden brown. 6. If the dough didn't rise enough (shouldn't bee too big of a rise anyways), maybe you can proof it at a higher temperature than the room temp. I hope this helps!